Breaking: Percy Gibson is a Cyclone

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
interesting connections lately between ISU and Mich St

Wasn't Izzo after this kid also, then all of a sudden stopped? Not to mention all the ex Spartans now Clones. Hmmm. Dont know if this adds up to anything but it is interesting.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
+1

Next thing- it'll be about recruiting iowa kids and signing instate recruits. Watch them play that angle next...

I actually came across some Hawkeye posts when googling Gibson and I have to disagree. At least on the page I was on, I didn't see any posts hating Fred and actually saw one which said they liked him, another that they want his rolodex. Sure, there are always going to be extremists but that's true in any fanatical religion, including Hawkism.

Also, as I work for the Univ. of Iowa, I actually have a sense that they know ISU hit a home run with Fred and that we've jumped ahead of their program.

Reactions: cysocool

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I actually came across some Hawkeye posts when googling Gibson and I have to disagree. At least on the page I was on, I didn't see any posts hating Fred and actually saw one which said they liked him, another that they want his rolodex. Sure, there are always going to be extremists but that's true in any fanatical religion, including Hawkism.

Also, as I work for the Univ. of Iowa, I actually have a sense that they know ISU hit a home run with Fred and that we've jumped ahead of their program.

We are ahead of there program anyways, now there is just more separation.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames

We were behind? :skeptical:

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
We should not be bragging we beat Iowa for a recruit. That should be a given, like recruiting against Drake. We should be pumped we beat VaTech and GTech.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I'm kinda surprised someone hasn't mentioned this but we had a 6-9 post player from Detroit awhile back. Did pretty good too. Big Vic.

I also thought of big Vic when I saw his physical stats. Plays a bit like him in the UD video clips linked. I hope he has the soft touch on the line that Victor did. He was a pretty special big man for us during his time in Ames and I liked that he MADE a lot of free throws. The big guys get a lot of fouls by playing physical inside and cashing in on those FT's can make the difference in a close game.

Does anyone know his FT %?

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
We should not be bragging we beat Iowa for a recruit. That should be a given, like recruiting against Drake. We should be pumped we beat VaTech and GTech.

Also add Indiana and Illinois that also offered according to the following link.

The 6-foot-9, 245-pound power forward chose Iowa State over Indiana, Illinois, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and Dayton. Gibson said he received scholarship offers from all of these schools.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010

This is a fair assessment... I just like giving them a little back, they're still a little insecure with their basketball program and want to play that a little. Fred's hard not to like, he's a younger version of KF who's a actual Iowan- very few negatives. Wonder how generous they be if Fred wins 3 or 4 in a row and fran struggles to get the program going? Probably depends on how iowa football is doing...

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Percy Gibson for Godfrey This Kid Is Good Double Double average in HIGH SCHOOL THATS SKILL

I almost averaged a double double in high school 4 years ago. I figured they just overlooked that I went to a 1a school. Glad to know that I should have been recruited cuz of my Double double in 1a ball :rolleyes:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I almost averaged a double double in high school 4 years ago. I figured they just overlooked that I went to a 1a school. Glad to know that I should have been recruited cuz of my Double double in 1a ball :rolleyes:

Gibson played A ball in Michigan where A is the biggest class genius.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames

THATS SKILL

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009

retard_ninja.jpg

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008

I believe you. the most rational Iowa fans live in Iowa City or they're natives from Iowa City.
The further you drive away from Iowa City, the more delusional, myopic, asinine, a-holish they are

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I believe you. the most rational Iowa fans live in Iowa City or they're natives from Iowa City.
The further you drive away from Iowa City, the more delusional, myopic, asinine, a-holish they are

I think you're exactly right. The students at UI are predominantly from the Chicago area and are here because they couldn't get into the Univ. of Illinois. I sense that this leads to an inferiority complex for which they compensate by clinging to the fable that their university is the best in the country in all respects. This also complex also causes their anal sphincters to enlarge, in part because they have more to get rid of than most people.

Nothing I enjoy more than the look of the students when they come into my office and see my model Mustang Mach1 with "Cyclones" on the side. :)

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I'm sure it has been mentioned but I'm not reading the entire thread...He is a lefty. I can see that being a big advantage. It seems to throw defenses a bit.

Help Support Us

Become a patron