Big Brother 22

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Meh on the cast overall, but ready for some BB!

Who else would you have preferred? The big 3 weren't going to play unless the other two played (otherwise they'd just be voted out week 1)

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Who else would you have preferred? The big 3 weren't going to play unless the other two played (otherwise they'd just be voted out week 1)
It’s an impossible job. It’s more that I don’t know most of them as I’ve only watched 5-6 years.
Calling it all stars just makes it weird. Christmas? David? (who I hope goes far)

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
MJ4Cy's totally irrelevant preseason power rankings. Rankings take into account overall legacy, big moves, past performances and my own bias. Note cast is latest rumors I've heard:

1. Tyler - for over half of BB20 he was playing pretty much the perfect game. He got a little lazy with jury management once "TAngela" became a thing. Biggest get for the cast IMO.
2. Cody - He played a winning game. Built some phenomenal social relationships and won comps down the stretch. His downside is his ride or die played a slightly better game (and could explain it better at the end). He's my winner pick at this point.
3. Janelle - Jedi Janey was so much fun in season 6 as the underdog and how she trashed the stupid friendship alliance. She had a great performance in the first All-Stars and was able to figure out how Will was playing her before it was too late. Season 14 was a stinker for her but she had too big of a target at that point. An all returning season sets up for her better.
4. Dani - She was the runner up in season 8 despite having to put fires out left and right that **** would set. However, I'm more impressed with her season 13 showing. She seemed to have more fun with it, had a couple good moves and did the best she could for losing her partner week 1. Excited to see the 33 year old Dani vs. the 19 year old Dani dealing with an estranged father.
5. Memphis - Dan was clearly the better player, but Memphis was solid in BB10. If he wins over Ian in final 2, he'd have a win over Ian, Ian win over Dan, and Dan win over Memphis.
6. Nicole Franzel - I'm not a huge fan of her. Both games she latched on to a guy. In BB16 I give her credit for being the only one besides Donny to question Derrick. She's a former winner so respect for that however I hear she's had the messiest pregame so I think she's likely first boot.
7. Ian - I'm pretty down on his game (have explained in the other thread), but he did have a great showing in front of the jury and was able to comp his way to a win despite a bitter jury. A winner is still worth the respect.
8. Kevin - people forget how good his game was in BB11. He was one tiebreaker question from probably winning it.
9. Keesha - Really excited to see her play. When people talk about season 10 it's all about Dan's comeback story and rightly so. However, until Dan was able to turn the corner and control things, Keesha was in charge. She had a strong showing at 3rd place.
10. Nicole Anthony - A notable superfan who had to claw her way back from near extinction last year. She knows the game in and out but her emotions often cloud her cerebral side. If she can get past that week 2-4 zone, I think she makes the jury.
11. Enzo - He had a fantastic social game but I think he fell into a good alliance that dominated. He was the first boot of the brigade which tells me he didn't push further to secure bonds within the final 4.
12. Kaysar - 15 years since he played so hard to know what to expect. He was voted off 3 times in 2 seasons without a sniff of the jury. However, he showed some promise early on in season 6. He has one of the most iconic quotes from BB6 "NO. I sealed your partner's fate" when talking to Maggie.
13. Da'Vonne - An 11th and 16th place finish doesn't do much for me. She can be good TV though.
14. Bayleigh - She had a decent social game and was in a good position until she had the worst case of HOH-itis I've seen. She made a catastrophic mistake in revealing a secret power then tried to get mad at Tyler for wanting to flush it out of the game.
15. David - He never had a chance to get a foothold due to the stupid camp comeback twist. However, even when in camp comeback he was making outstanding reads on who was running the show. Biggest sleeper.
16. Christmas - couldn't see her physical game and she was socially/mentally a Paul puppet. Prove me wrong Christmas.

Note: Amber from BB16 could replace one of the females listed above.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It’s an impossible job. It’s more that I don’t know most of them as I’ve only watched 5-6 years.
Calling it all stars just makes it weird. Christmas? David? (who I hope goes far)

Agreed. Wish they would have just called it a reunion season. I guess you can argue Christmas had better results than Enzo, David, Kaysar, Bayleigh, and Da'Vonne.

I'm glad David will get another chance. But he's not an all star at this point.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
A few comments/wishes:

1. No stupid twists. The game itself causes natural twists with changing of power each week. If they are going to have a twist, please dear god no audience influenced twists based on production edits.
2. Showmances shouldn't be an issue. Most of the cast is married or has a steady partner. Hoping it's all about gameplay!
3. Either enforce have/have not rules (cough Jackson cough) or don't have them at all. Don't care either way just be consistent.
4. I hope we see more mental comps and not just physical comps that the same players will keep winning. Hell even carnival games comps are fine if they're random enough.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Few tidbits from last night's feeds. I'll put them in spoilers.

Cody finds Tyler in the pantry looking at the fridge and says "ready to run this?" Kayser walks in RIGHT at the tail end of this question and Tyler quickly says something like definitely ready to run through this pizza. They don't think he Kaysar caught on but not sure. Also tells us Tyler/Cody might be a ride or die duo. Also, sounds like Nicole F. is already complaining they had to cast another Nicole. Wasn't too much strategy talk. Kaysar tried to get Cody's thoughts on noms but Cody said he wasn't up for game talk that night. Ian and Nicole F. talked about teaming up

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Heard this from the live feeds - not really a spoiler but probably won't be on the show:

Apparently season 14 is still really butthurt/salty from the train Dan ran through on them. Ian was talking about how no one really keeps in contact from that season and that many of the jury needs psychological help from what Dan did to them with the funeral and other moves he pulled.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm just catching up but I'll be in on this convo soon! Is this the only thread about it? If so why so slow?

Cast is lackluster to me. There are so many people I would have brought in, and about 5 people that desperately need replaced.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Zach and Brett being the Bad Boys of Big Brother and not getting a shot is interesting.

They really need someone like Zach in there.

My wife and I were just talking and we think it would have been really interesting if both Cody and Paulie were in there together. They are such polar opposites as brothers.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm just catching up but I'll be in on this convo soon! Is this the only thread about it? If so why so slow?

Cast is lackluster to me. There are so many people I would have brought in, and about 5 people that desperately need replaced.
Following some twitter pages, there hasn’t been too much going on.
It’s a bit different where live feeds were up right away. Usually the cast lives there for a week so alliances are formed prior to live feeds.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It was dumb for both Janelle and Kaysar to both compete since the winner gets to pick a plus one. 1 do it this week and then the other could do it another week.

But did two houseguests have to scan in order to even activate the Safety Suite comp?