Big Brother 21

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Based on a few people I follow (aka their words not mine).

Locks:

Kaycee Clark (boring AF but a previous winner)

Janelle Pierzina (her season 6 was iconic, not her biggest fan but she at least knows how to make good TV

Bayleigh Dayton (as long as swaggy isn't in there, should be more fun. Her epic lip biting meltdown on Tyler was great....also has the worst case of HOH-itis in BB history).

Josh Martinez (probably the luckiest winner ever but he's at least good TV)

Ian Terry (******* bitter jury gave him the win. We all know Dan is the true champ)

Tyler Crispin (definitely deserves another shot but can't play under the radar this time)

Cody Calafiore (would love to see him without Derrick)

Strong Rumors but not locks:

Kaysar (actually well liked but a terrible player. Voted out 3 times in 2 seasons)

Dani Donato (fine as long as no ****)

Nicole Franzel (I have Nicole fatigue but she's a former winner)

Amerb Borzotra (pretty sure she just got air time because of Caleb. Not a good player)

Danielle Reyes (YES PLEASE)

Others:

Hayden Moss (a good solid winner...has some star power)

Da'Vonne Rogers (good TV but eh)

Paul Abrahamian (robbed twice but maybe he'll learn jury management??)

Sorry but Ian deserved that win.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
I would guess Kaycee and Josh being back is a good idea.

They were both on this season of The Challenge, last night they did a virtual reunion and for some reason Kaycee and Josh were together at the same location for their interview.

I now assume it is because they are quarantining together.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rulzzz if it was any one else saying this, I'd laugh them off but I respect you and your fandom. So....change my mind. Why do you think this?

Ian won 4 hoh's which has him tied with several others for most hoh's in a season. 1 of those 4 was the final HOH which if I'm a juror pulls alot of weight. Dan won just 2 comps a hoh and veto, but his game social game was dirty as a MF'er. So Ian had the nod in comps, and played a solid social game also.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ian won 4 hoh's which has him tied with several others for most hoh's in a season. 1 of those 4 was the final HOH which if I'm a juror pulls alot of weight. Dan won just 2 comps a hoh and veto, but his game social game was dirty as a MF'er. So Ian had the nod in comps, and played a solid social game also.

Ahhh I guess my fundamental disagreement with you then is I believe if you have to win HOH's to advance then you did something wrong. My personal preference is those that can advance through social gameplay and definitely manipulation.

Ian did make the right move in taking Dan to the end I'll give him that though it's kind of a results oriented statement.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Unconfirmed cast

• Josh – BB19 winner
  • Nicole – BB18 winner
  • Ian – BB14 winner
  • Hayden – BB12 winner
  • Kaycee – BB20 winner
  • Janelle – BB6/7/14
  • Danielle – BB3
  • Tyler – BB20
  • Cody (not Paulie as TMZ reported)
  • Bayleigh – BB20
  • Kaysar – BB6
  • Da’Vonne – BB17/18
  • Amber – BB16
  • Caleb hiding in the bushes watching Amber (kidding on Caleb)
  • Dani – BB8/BB13
  • Paul – BB19/BB20

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Unconfirmed cast

• Josh – BB19 winner
  • Nicole – BB18 winner
  • Ian – BB14 winner
  • Hayden – BB12 winner
  • Kaycee – BB20 winner
  • Janelle – BB6/7/14
  • Danielle – BB3
  • Tyler – BB20
  • Cody (not Paulie as TMZ reported)
  • Bayleigh – BB20
  • Kaysar – BB6
  • Da’Vonne – BB17/18
  • Amber – BB16
  • Caleb hiding in the bushes watching Amber (kidding on Caleb)
  • Dani – BB8/BB13
  • Paul – BB19/BB20

That's pretty much what I heard.....all things considered that's pretty damn good. Good on CBS for finding a way to make it work.

Assuming this is true, its nice to see multiple former winners. Wonder if they'll do a winners alliance.

Unfortunately they couldn't get one of the big 3 (Will, Dan, Derrick). Derrick has said the three have a group text and they have all pretty much agreed they won't come back unless it's a shorter celebrity like length season and if they all 3 do it at the same time otherwise they'll just get picked off.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Ian Terry is the only winner in which I believe the best player didn't win AND it was fine with me.

Dan played hands down the best game I've ever seen, but he burned so many bridges that there was no way he would win, especially with how innocent and loved Ian Terry was.

I would like to see McCrae, but I don't think anyone from that **** show of a season is expected to be on.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ian Terry is the only winner in which I believe the best player didn't win AND it was fine with me.

Dan played hands down the best game I've ever seen, but he burned so many bridges that there was no way he would win, especially with how innocent and loved Ian Terry was.

I would like to see McCrae, but I don't think anyone from that **** show of a season is expected to be on.

The jury has since come out and said they agreed there was no way they were ever going to let a coach win. So there was nothing Dan could do either way.

Ian has come off as kind of a **** in interviews since that season but that's just me.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So @ISUCubswin got me thinking about the whole winner vs. best game. Here is how I would rank the most controversial finishes:

1. Season 3. Danielle Reyes (along with Jason) absolutely ran circles around the house and played an amazing game. The jury gave the season to Lisa because they were pissed at her. I liked Lisa but the only reason she won is because this was BEFORE Big Brother decided to sequester the jury. They jury got to see how they got played and all live feed moments. Had there been a sequester, Danielle wins hands down.

2. Season 20: Tyler by far was the best player and ran the game. Kaycee won a bunch of comps but my feeling is if you have to win comps to advance then you already made mistakes.

3. Season 14: People have made good points for Ian, but if you re-watch season 14 its clear who the best player was that game.

4. Season 19: Paul ran the game but he did have some jury management issues. He needed to own his game and probably wins this one easily.

A few other comments:

1. You have to be able to "read" the potential jury. If you know people really value comps, then yes you need to win a couple. If you know people have an ego, then feed their ego. Tell them how great they were and that's why they had to go. If a person values relationships and loyalty then try to get someone else to take them out and get the blood off their hands.

2. The jury questioning segment SUCKS. If Tyler had just a little more time, I think he could have turned this jury easily. Same thing with Big Brother Canada Season 6. Also the questions are determined ahead of time and it looks so scripted. In Survivor seems like each person can ask what they want and have dialogue.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Bayleigh still blames Tyler for the miscarriage of the baby she created the second day she was in the house --- could be some ugly fighting there.

A few names I would've liked to have seen

Tommy (21) - One of the greatest at playing all sides, could he fool the All-Stars?

JC (20) - I'm assuming some of his antics in the house kept him from even receiving an invite, but he was a hoot

Brett (20) - Second greatest ass hole in the game the last 10 years

Christmas (19) - Finished 3rd, what would have happened if she didn't get injured?

Jason (19) - One of the most entertaining houseguests

Cody or Jessica (19) - They complimented each other well, though they didn't make it far. How strong would just one of them be in the house?

Natalie (18) - Unfortunately, the fall out of her relationship with James I'm assuming will keep her out of the house

James (17/18) - Unfortunately, the fall out of his relationship with Natalie I'm assuming will keep him out of the house but he was wild

Donny (16) - My favorite old man, though Cliff and Kevin were also great

Zach (16) - The greatest ass hole the last 10 years

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Bayleigh still blames Tyler for the miscarriage of the baby she created the second day she was in the house --- could be some ugly fighting there.

A few names I would've liked to have seen

Tommy (21) - One of the greatest at playing all sides, could he fool the All-Stars?

JC (20) - I'm assuming some of his antics in the house kept him from even receiving an invite, but he was a hoot

Brett (20) - Second greatest ass hole in the game the last 10 years

Christmas (19) - Finished 3rd, what would have happened if she didn't get injured?

Jason (19) - One of the most entertaining houseguests

Cody or Jessica (19) - They complimented each other well, though they didn't make it far. How strong would just one of them be in the house?

Natalie (18) - Unfortunately, the fall out of her relationship with James I'm assuming will keep her out of the house

James (17/18) - Unfortunately, the fall out of his relationship with Natalie I'm assuming will keep him out of the house but he was wild

Donny (16) - My favorite old man, though Cliff and Kevin were also great

Zach (16) - The greatest ass hole the last 10 years

Tommy got so screwed having to completely change his game on the fly when he saw Christie. He knew the game inside and out. He not only was in the majority alliance but he had meat shields within the alliance.

Wish at least one of David, Ovi, Kemi had a second chance. David had great reads.

omg forgot about Zach Rance. He was so amazing at being a dbag yet likeable at times.

Best Zach Rance moment:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Last year, David had the following emotional comment in a Diary Room session:

“The reason I wanted to win and the reason I wanted to compete and be on this show? I wanted to be the first black person to win ‘Big Brother. I wanted to represent African-American culture in a different light. I wanted to show that.”

Da'Vonne - 0 wins in anything in two seasons and 73 total days in the house. Has finished 11th and 16th. Loves to yell at nothing.

Why the **** don't we give David, who was **** on early but my God he wants to ******* win, a chance over Da ******* Vonne?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Didn’t really watch heavily before season 16.
Could get very loud in that house with Josh, Paul, Bayleigh and Dayvonne in the house.

There were rumors that Christmas was going to be on. Maybe she is an alt if one tests positive.

Will be interesting to see if people come at Tyler/Kaycee right away or how they adapt. People know they are close and with out sturdy their alliance was, people would have to know they will be each other’s #1.

Reactions: mj4cy

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The jury has since come out and said they agreed there was no way they were ever going to let a coach win. So there was nothing Dan could do either way.

Ian has come off as kind of a **** in interviews since that season but that's just me.

I've also felt that way after listening to Ian...with zero evidence other than what I've seen/heard, I think he has some social awareness issues; almost reminds me of Sheldon from Big Bang

So @ISUCubswin got me thinking about the whole winner vs. best game. Here is how I would rank the most controversial finishes:

1. Season 3. Danielle Reyes (along with Jason) absolutely ran circles around the house and played an amazing game. The jury gave the season to Lisa because they were pissed at her. I liked Lisa but the only reason she won is because this was BEFORE Big Brother decided to sequester the jury. They jury got to see how they got played and all live feed moments. Had there been a sequester, Danielle wins hands down.

2. Season 20: Tyler by far was the best player and ran the game. Kaycee won a bunch of comps but my feeling is if you have to win comps to advance then you already made mistakes.

3. Season 14: People have made good points for Ian, but if you re-watch season 14 its clear who the best player was that game.

4. Season 19: Paul ran the game but he did have some jury management issues. He needed to own his game and probably wins this one easily.

A few other comments:

1. You have to be able to "read" the potential jury. If you know people really value comps, then yes you need to win a couple. If you know people have an ego, then feed their ego. Tell them how great they were and that's why they had to go. If a person values relationships and loyalty then try to get someone else to take them out and get the blood off their hands.

2. The jury questioning segment SUCKS. If Tyler had just a little more time, I think he could have turned this jury easily. Same thing with Big Brother Canada Season 6. Also the questions are determined ahead of time and it looks so scripted. In Survivor seems like each person can ask what they want and have dialogue.

I think Season 14 Dan may have been the single best played game in the history of the game. I wouldn't be upset if he would have won, as he was clearly the best player. But part of it being the best season ever played was Dan's funeral, my personal favorite moment in BB history, but that would be hard as jury member to get over.

I felt Tyler played from Derrick's playbook, word for word. Two of the greatest players of all time.

(Side note - still waiting for Derrick to take over for Julie)

Tommy got so screwed having to completely change his game on the fly when he saw Christie. He knew the game inside and out. He not only was in the majority alliance but he had meat shields within the alliance.

Wish at least one of David, Ovi, Kemi had a second chance. David had great reads.

omg forgot about Zach Rance. He was so amazing at being a dbag yet likeable at times.

Best Zach Rance moment:

The "fruit loop dingus" is one of the funniest moments in BB history. I loved Nicole that season; watching her go from laughing to crying and having no clue to how to properly react to being called a "fruit loop dingus" was gold.

Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Last year, David had the following emotional comment in a Diary Room session:

“The reason I wanted to win and the reason I wanted to compete and be on this show? I wanted to be the first black person to win ‘Big Brother. I wanted to represent African-American culture in a different light. I wanted to show that.”

Da'Vonne - 0 wins in anything in two seasons and 73 total days in the house. Has finished 11th and 16th. Loves to yell at nothing.

Why the **** don't we give David, who was **** on early but my God he wants to ******* win, a chance over Da ******* Vonne?

I understand the importance of having representation for all different walks of life and celebrating diversity but an All-Star cast should be well...um all stars!! Bayleigh? please. She dug her own grave. Swaggy got back doored before he could even get a footing. There are plenty of minority contestants who have shown to be good players or the potential to be a good player (such as David like you mention).

And wtf no Johnny Mac!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
@ISUCubswin referenced Dan's funeral. For those who want to relive it in depth, here is a phenomenal article about the whole event that includes interviews with everyone involved. Everything worked perfect for Dan. He was admittedly pissed at Danielle during the POV, then had 24 hours of solitary confinement to come up with a plan. The best line was how he talked about wrapping up the truth with a lie. The only point of the funeral was to create a diversion so he could go talk to Frank.

Frank and Ian come off as jerks in this IMO. Brittany as amazing as she is comes off as honest and genuine.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/29/big-brother-14-oral-history-dan-funeral/

also a RHAP podcast about the funeral/article:

https://robhasawebsite.com/dans-funeral-gheesling-bb14-dalton-ross-oral-history/

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Not sure what they normally get paid for stipends but read that each are getting $40K to do the show.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I understand the importance of having representation for all different walks of life and celebrating diversity but an All-Star cast should be well...um all stars!! Bayleigh? please. She dug her own grave. Swaggy got back doored before he could even get a footing. There are plenty of minority contestants who have shown to be good players or the potential to be a good player (such as David like you mention).

And wtf no Johnny Mac!

Swaggy C had all the potential to be an All Star - telling Tyler, who was the first HOH, exactly how the nominations should go, was ultimately his downfall - a little to power hungry early on.

But my God, he could compete.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron