Big Brother 21

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
What is your issue with Christmas? (I don’t have strong feelings in her either way)

That she broke her foot and stayed in the house. Sucks that she broke her foot but things happen alot and people normally have to leave the house. Also later on because of Paul manipulations she won a running comp with said broken foot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunnerclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think you’re mixing up Ian and Steve. Ian was season 14 and played a really good game.

First and foremost, I don't hate Ian. He comes off as kind of a **** in interviews, but I like the kid and his passion for the game that I love. That being said....

I'm 100% definitely not mixing them up. Ian played an average at best game and I wouldn't even say he was top 4 in his own season. Steve played a much better game.

If it wasn't for the coach's twist, Ian might not have even lasted past week 1. Ian then become Britney's puppet and when that got absolutely blown up thanks to Dan's funeral he became Dan's puppet. An example of this is when Dan convinced him to throw the final HOH part 1 comp!

He had very little social capital and became a non entity until he started winning comps to save his life down the end. This was back when the comps weren't so physical but credit to him for winning them. He basically pulled a Kevin Martin to the end (BBCan5 reference). However if you have to win comps to advance you already have played a poor social game. He also likely leaves in week 7 after the BB funeral if it weren't for a lucky second veto ball fall into his lap.

He did have a strong jury showing and picked the only guy he could beat given the bitter jury. So credit to him for that.

I'd say he's in the lower half of the 16 rumored names for this season. Can he win again? Yes, but it's not likely. The comps have gotten so much more physical in late seasons especially down the stretch. Something like 27% of last season's were mental comps and it used to be 50/50.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My 2 biggest gripes are Christmas and Kevin. Kevin didn't do a hell of alot in 11. Like @mj4cy said something is better than nothing. Would love to see a Bayliegh Davonne fight.

Kevin made final 3 in his season but from what I remember it was pretty much known he didn't have a chance beyond that. Typical final 3 goat if I remember.

I haven't rewatched season 11 yet so need to do so.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
What is your issue with Christmas? (I don’t have strong feelings in her either way)

agree with @CycloneRulzzz , Christmas was basically a puppet. She never had to do anything because she was under Paul's protection.

However, I hope she proves me wrong and plays some good bb. I don't care who wins I just want 16 players who are hungry AF and will do anything to win.

To quote Dan Gheesling

"I played this game 24-7. I never slept. I was always thinking."

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
agree with @CycloneRulzzz , Christmas was basically a puppet. She never had to do anything because she was under Paul's protection.

However, I hope she proves me wrong and plays some good bb. I don't care who wins I just want 16 players who are hungry AF and will do anything to win.

To quote Dan Gheesling

"I played this game 24-7. I never slept. I was always thinking."

I hope they don’t overdo it on the “special powers” for an “all star” season. I want to see some pure gameplay.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
This cast is terrible. Just got done watching kaycee and josh on the challenge. Devaughn was in a couple challenges. A couple good players but nobody I really thought , man I hope this person plays

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I hope they don’t overdo it on the “special powers” for an “all star” season. I want to see some pure gameplay.

Man oh man are you right. I hate twists in BB. The game is already designed for built in twists. You can have different factions win power each week. Thats already wild to see how people adapt and survive.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not seeing much changes. This is probably it barring another shakeup. Once it's officially announced probably time for a new thread.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Hey guys, it was just announced that we'll learn the cast on Live Move-in Day August 5th at 8 PM

Word is that we aren't getting feeds until the week after plus no new ep til next wednesday. Sunday after the 4th will rerun the movein.

EDIT: If you've ever watched the UK version, I think it'll work very similar to that. Houseguest are introduced one by one with a little Video about them, host introduces them to the crowd, HG enters, a minute or two of the house is shown, repeat 15-16 times.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron