Big Brother 21

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYCL0NE1

Jan 22, 2009
Waukee
The jury got it right. Jackson deserved it based on game move and comp wins.

However, BB as a whole has a huge problem in that they've set their comps late in the game to only benefit strong/buff people. Used to be more strategic challenges at the end.

So much more excited for BBCanada8

How do you watch BB Canada?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Its always so amazing that in pretty much every season there is one moment that can be pinpointed where the game was won or lost.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Where do you watch BB Canada?

How do you watch BB Canada?

I've had a couple people ask about how to watch BBCanada. Season 8 will start in March of 2020. See the attached link for some ideas. I personally use videobrother....you just have to make sure to close ads. Also, some ads are NSFW at times, just beware. But hey its free.

http://canada.bigbrothernetwork.com/where-to-watch-big-brother-canada-from-the-us/

Also with this website, you can archive every single season of BB in the past. So you can go back and watch old BBCanada seasons as well. I've never been able to discuss the show with anyone before besides RHAP podcasts so it'd be fun to have a thread on it for anyone willing to give it a try.

BBCanada has some definite pluses and minuses compared to BBUS. I think the comps are more fun and they also seem to cast more superfans so the gameplay is a little better (pending the season). However, the production team sometimes really misses the narrative. Arissa Cox is a better host in my opinion than Julie Chen. Also, they've been known to do a triple eviction in the past so that's a little different. You'll also notice a lot more product placement (for example the HOH gets to pick a person to take to Wendy's each week).

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
At least on person of all pairs that have known each other before entering the BB house has made the final 2. BB6 doesn't count if you remember the twist.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So disappointed that the last 20 minutes was all about race. My God, there was a Hispanic, a fattie, 2 African Americans, 1 old man, one lesbian, one gay guy, one Asian, etc. Maybe you got voted out because you suck.

Yeah to me the narrative shouldn't be that people of color got voted out 1, 2,3. There was reasoning behind all of that.

What was more alarming was the implicit bias and comments that Jack/Jackson had made early on.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Yeah to me the narrative shouldn't be that people of color got voted out 1, 2,3. There was reasoning behind all of that.

What was more alarming was the implicit bias and comments that Jack/Jackson had made early on.

yeah, there were some really bad comments made and both were pretty big ********.
Also some really bad gestures and I am speaking about Jack mimicking David walking by acting like a monkey.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hate Jessica. I mean she had no intention of voting for the person who played the best. It was all about voting for a girl. That is stupid. I would vote for boy or girl. She never had no intention of voting for anyone other than a women.

• Agree
Reactions: State43 and dmclone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So many game fails at the end of this season. The best player won but he didn’t HAVE to win. It’s amazing how people lose sight of the goal through a season. But i suppose they pick people that they know will get caught up in it.

Also...I don’t believe for a second that Tommy and Christie weren’t being conspiring ******* before the show they HAD to know that they both were going in to the house.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I hate Jessica. I mean she had no intention of voting for the person who played the best. It was all about voting for a girl. That is stupid. I would vote for boy or girl. She never had no intention of voting for anyone other than a women.

Right?? Is that not discrimination as well?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If you guys like Big Brother / social strategy games, I highly recommend you give Sequester a try. Season 3 is about to kick off.

Seasons 1 and 2 are free online. Season 2 had Judd from BB on it if you remember him. Fun challenges, but its mostly all mental. Also its uncensored so be careful who you play it around.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Supposedly this is going to be a BB All Stars cast and will start to air early August.

I've been hearing this for a couple months. Unfortunately they won't be able to get the A+ players and they'll likely avoid older players (casual fans won't remember them), any big brother is better than no big brother.

BB Canada 8 had to get cut short due to Covid and I've been bummed ever since. I'm almost done with BB Australia 12. It's a hybrid between BBUS, BBUK, and Survivor. Fun but not the same.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
As someone who first got into Big Brother around season 18, the person I most want to see in the house again is Brett from season 20. I do not want to see Paul play again... I've heard "your boy" and "friendship" about a billion times too many already.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Let the speculation on houseguests begin!

Based on a few people I follow (aka their words not mine).

Locks:

Kaycee Clark (boring AF but a previous winner)

Janelle Pierzina (her season 6 was iconic, not her biggest fan but she at least knows how to make good TV

Bayleigh Dayton (as long as swaggy isn't in there, should be more fun. Her epic lip biting meltdown on Tyler was great....also has the worst case of HOH-itis in BB history).

Josh Martinez (probably the luckiest winner ever but he's at least good TV)

Ian Terry (******* bitter jury gave him the win. We all know Dan is the true champ)

Tyler Crispin (definitely deserves another shot but can't play under the radar this time)

Cody Calafiore (would love to see him without Derrick)

Strong Rumors but not locks:

Kaysar (actually well liked but a terrible player. Voted out 3 times in 2 seasons)

Dani Donato (fine as long as no ****)

Nicole Franzel (I have Nicole fatigue but she's a former winner)

Amerb Borzotra (pretty sure she just got air time because of Caleb. Not a good player)

Danielle Reyes (YES PLEASE)

Others:

Hayden Moss (a good solid winner...has some star power)

Da'Vonne Rogers (good TV but eh)

Paul Abrahamian (robbed twice but maybe he'll learn jury management??)

Reactions: State43

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Well we know Andy won't be in it - BB15 winner.

He seems to have an inflated sense of his game. He seemed to be the best in what waa a group of poor players. He also wasn't great TV.

EdkcebZWkAEN88o

Last edited:

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Well we know Andy won't be in it - BB15 winner.

He seems to have an inflated sense of his game. He seemed to be the best in what waa a group of poor players. He also wasn't great TV.

EdkcebZWkAEN88o

Agreed. That was the first season that I watched and kept up with regularly, and compared to others since then might be the least memorable season and winner for me (and that's saying quite a bit since opinion on here seems to say the game used to be better than it is currently).