Beaty files lawsuit against KU

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Not likely they were cheating IMO, KU just trying to screw him over.

That was my thought. The "violations" could literally be a few little things (texting out of contact period, not documenting something, etc) and while a violation, not the same as big money payment, etc...but, if by definition it is a "violation" and per a contract that could relieve them of a $3 mil payout, they may be doing that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If I was KU I would ask if we vacated the wins would that take care of everything. Hard to vacate 0 wins.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Would be funny if this was combined with their MBB bribery 'crimes' to cause the NCAA to come down hard on the entire University for strict sanctions. KU throwing itself under the bus, so to speak.

Not likely to impossible, I know. But a fellow can dream...

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Would be funny if this was combined with their MBB bribery 'crimes' to cause the NCAA to come down hard on the entire University for strict sanctions. KU throwing itself under the bus, so to speak.

Not likely to impossible, I know. But a fellow can dream...

Like a lack of institutional control? This plus their basketball scheme sure make it seem like it.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Not likely they were cheating IMO, KU just trying to screw him over.
They were probably "cheating" to the same extent that every other FBS team is cheating would be my guess. Probably dumb little things that are technically against the rules that everyone does. Not having adidas pay 100 grand for some (football) kid.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
With the possible exception of Bill Self, everyone who goes to Kansas should immediately start working on a plan to get out of there.

And Bill is a smart guy so he probably has a plan for that, too.

• Funny
Reactions: ISU71

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ku has gotten some kids like Pooka Williams out of Louisiana that raised eyebrows at the time. This violation concern may be tied to that recruitment of something akin.

Why the hell would a 4* youngster leave home, the SEC, to play at, of all places, Ku other than under-the-table glory of some sort? Williams had offers from Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi State, UCLA, and others. He chose Lawrence. Please!

• Funny
Reactions: ISU71

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
So, if they find out their are recruiting violations committed, will that affect Les Miles and his recruiting?
Most likely to some degree, yes, although I can't envision a scenario just popping up now that would cause a severely-damaging impact. Maybe a postseason ban (lol) and a loss of a few schollies short-term, at worst.

Reactions: cyyote15

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
When Les Miles inevitably flames out at KU, theyre going to have a fun time hiring a new coach when their recent history is:

Hire turner gill. Only give him 2 seasons (though he was a bad hire). Things are a dumpster fire
Hire Charlie Weis. Fire him after 2 seasons.
Hire David Beaty for what at that point is now a long rebuild by anyone's expectations. Fire him in the middle of the fourth season . Concoct ******** to try to get out of paying his buyout.

It’s glorious

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
Beaty was fired after ISU (9th game) in the fourth season. I went to the game and by the time we had driven back to KC, the reports were running wild.
All of the seasons are forgettable though.

I'm convinced he would have lasted a few more games if ISU fans didn't outnumber KU fans at that game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron