Are we cautiously optimistic or all in?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I kept hearing Fran and co talk about Memphis’ defense and yeah it’s stifling but then i would look at the score and would say ok but we have 70 points against this AMAZING defense and we are supposed to be limited offensively.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I’m still cautiously optimistic, but I do know I will be planning around ISU basketball again after maybe watching if I had nothing else to do the last two years. And that is good enough for me this year

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Effort is repeatable, and on top of that, this team's execution with effort is intentional. I still expect some struggles here and there, but their ceiling is clearly higher than a sane person had the right to expect.

I think we'll see great performances in big games this year. I'd be concerned about a weeknight game at TCU in a half filled arena. Can this team win one of those games that's tough to get up for?

Reactions: cyclones12321

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Really really don't want to put the cart before the horse here but make it through the out of conference unscathed at 12-0 and go .500 or better in conference play they are a shoo-in for the NCAA tournament. Madness! Win @Creighton and beat the Hawks in Hilton I'm all in!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
A whole lot can change over a season especially after a fast start BUT I have confidence in TJ managing things well.

Even if it gets rough there's a lot to enjoy here.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I think some of Tim or Larry's teams were coached this well. But it's been a while.

Maybe, it is close. I think the difference for me is what TJ is doing with this group offensively. I don't know what he did at half time but in the 1st half we couldn't buy a good shot, in the 2nd half we looked like a well oiled machine

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I’ve been cautiously optimistic coming into this year and so far every game this year but with how hard this team plays and how much havoc they cause defensively I think tj has got Iowa state basketball back

All in. I was wrong in September they would be bubble team. I was wrong after the Xavier win they would be a 20 win and NCAA team. Now I think they play on Thursday in the conference tourney and are a single digit seed in the dance unless some unforeseen injury occurs.

steinsway

Dec 9, 2012
The more difficult the team the more these guys seem to step up. They played like they were in the national championship tonight.

I vote with those who are just ecstatic to be able ta watch hoops all winter long. Everything else is gravy.

Still, tip o the hat to this team, players and coaches. Have never seen a cyclone team play this hard. Ever.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
MNWqUGs.gif

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Really really don't want to put the cart before the horse here but make it through the out of conference unscathed at 12-0 and go .500 or better in conference play they are a shoo-in for the NCAA tournament. Madness! Win @Creighton and beat the Hawks in Hilton I'm all in!

The typical resume for a Big 12 team to make the tournament is 19 or 20 wins, provided you get 5 or 6 top 25 wins along the way. ISU already has 2. Avoid bad losses and take care of things at home and you've got yourselves on the bubble AT LEAST.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I think Fran hit it on the head when he said this is Virginia type of defense. Difference being the offense is better. I don't see more than 3 teams in the Big 12 any better right now.

Help Support Us

Become a patron