Are we cautiously optimistic or all in?

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Can't be overlooked with how freaking hard this group plays Hilton is going to be an enormous home court advantage yet again. The fans will bring it for this group!
The fans have already started getting back to it even vs some low teams. I’m pumped to have Hilton magic back. I was talking to my kids about how awesome jack trice was tonight and how awesome it gets when full but I said Hilton magic is something else

Reactions: RezClone and NWICY

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
The typical resume for a Big 12 team to make the tournament is 19 or 20 wins, provided you get 5 or 6 top 25 wins along the way. ISU already has 2. Avoid bad losses and take care of things at home and you've got yourselves on the bubble AT LEAST.

We are beyond bubble now. Things happen.....but last year's 2 win team almost beat Baylor twice. This group is going to make some noise come conference time.

Reactions: cyclones12321

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Can't be overlooked with how freaking hard this group plays Hilton is going to be an enormous home court advantage yet again. The fans will bring it for this group!

Student section has already bought in, there have been spontaneous chants of Defense from the student section, those new aluminum bleachers get really loud in a hurry when they stomp on them that was a good change in Hilton.

• Informative

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
Cautiously optimistic. A key indicator is how this team does against a team with a strong frontcourt. The Iowa game will be a good test defensively, offensively it should be a relative cakewalk.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I broke my brake lines . . . no, literally I broke the brake line on my daughter's car. Where's a good place to take that in Ames?
Just put the gas pedal to the floor and let it ride! I mean... only if you're driving... not your daughter. That would be dangerous. Maybe this was a bad analogy.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
So far we look totally legit. Strong on both sides of the court, playing together. Defense and rebounding seems like the best we’ve had in over 10 years. We knew we had a good mix of talent , but it’s not just talent. After watching these guys for six games they look like a very well coached team. Props to TJ.

Winter’s blow when we suck at basketball, so I’m just happy that the next 4+ months will be fun.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm all in but I've been all in since the 2nd game in Hilton (1st one I could attend) With their hustle, defense, actually playing like a team, I was going to cheer for them hard no matter what their record. I would have never guessed a 6-0 start though.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
We are beyond bubble now. Things happen.....but last year's 2 win team almost beat Baylor twice. This group is going to make some noise come conference time.
It's November. Nobody is beyond the bubble in November (yes I realize Gonzaga is not missing the NCAA Tournament) because unforeseen things can happen or teams can peak too early, etc. Remember Iowa from a few years back where they got up to #5 (something like that)? They found themselves in February and early March fighting to stay on the good side of the bubble.

We keep playing like this and don't have anything pop up unexpectedly then we will be fine down the home stretch.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
I'm all in but I've been all in since the 2nd game in Hilton (1st one I could attend) With their hustle, defense, actually playing like a team, I was going to cheer for them hard no matter what their record. I would have never guessed a 6-0 start though.
Game 2 is when I started to become cautiously optimistic lol

Reactions: NWICY

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Cautiously optimistic. A key indicator is how this team does against a team with a strong frontcourt. The Iowa game will be a good test defensively, offensively it should be a relative cakewalk.

Not to argue....but this waiting to see what the other team brings as a measure is what people did to Prohm on his good years. Never good enough and just waiting for the shoe to drop. I think in just 6 game TJ and this group deserve to get the benefit of the doubt. They are beyond "testing". They are playing very good ball. Will they slip up in the future......probably. However that Memphis group may not be the best........yet. But that was some serious talent our guys just took to the woodshed. And had they hit their free throws it would have been a 30 point game. I really think TJ is going to be COY in the Big 12 and Hilton south will be rocking. This is Johnny type of offense with Tony Bennett type of defense. Good stuff.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Not to argue....but this waiting to see what the other team brings as a measure is what people did to Prohm on his good years. Never good enough and just waiting for the shoe to drop. I think in just 6 game TJ and this group deserve to get the benefit of the doubt. They are beyond "testing". They are playing very good ball. Will they slip up in the future......probably. However that Memphis group may not be the best........yet. But that was some serious talent our guys just took to the woodshed. And had they hit their free throws it would have been a 30 point game. I really think TJ is going to be COY in the Big 12 and Hilton south will be rocking. This is Johnny type of offense with Tony Bennett type of defense. Good stuff.

I think everyone is all in for support with the way this team plays. Now, the question is whether we're a bubble team or are we competing for the conference title. It's going to be a fun year either way.

Reactions: SeventhSon