Aaron Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There are 2 and only 2 reasons why Aaron's agent is stiring the pot like this...

1) $61.5M left on his contract after this coming season. GB can cut him after the season ends and only owes him $17M.

2) His average annual salary is about $33.5M a year. Mahomes is at $45M/year. Watson and Dak make $40M/yr

That's what this is about more than anything else. He wines like this every time he wants an extension and more money

Which from what I understand is stupid if he wants another title.

I'd guess it's more complicated but there have been scenarios where the answer may be: take the pay cut, bring in more Joes.

He's always been awkward and distant but he's really being exposed here.

Someone like Brady gets a lot of flack and has an ego but he imo also has the 'just ****ing win' deal going on.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Which from what I understand is stupid if he wants another title.

I'd guess it's more complicated but there have been scenarios where the answer may be: take the pay cut, bring in more Joes.

He's always been awkward and distant but he's really being exposed here.

Someone like Brady gets a lot of flack and has an ego but he imo also has the 'just ****ing win' deal going on.
Another reason Favre was liked. He changed his contract like three years in a row in order to sign guys who could help win.

• Agree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Rodgers is the source. Schefter is a lying sack of s***. Rodgers wanted it out on the biggest off-season day of the year and he used Schefter to get it out. Simple as that. Almost every year there is some big news that comes out on draft day.

It’s funny in that video where Schefter said it “just so happened to be on draft day”. I have a bridge to sell anyone that believes that.

Schefter admitted yesterday that there was no source. There was nothing to report, but he did anyway, and chose to do it on draft day.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Another reason Favre was liked. He changed his contract like three years in a row in order to sign guys who could help win.
There are so many angles to the redoing contracts issue that make it fascinating to me. I’ve always wondered what the players’ union thought about it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There are so many angles to the redoing contracts issue that make it fascinating to me. I’ve always wondered what the players’ union thought about it.
I think the union doesn’t care as long as they get their money and that means players are also getting paid.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Schefter admitted yesterday that there was no source. There was nothing to report, but he did anyway, and chose to do it on draft day.
I'm not sure if that's exactly what he said. He said there was no smoking gun source that came to him on draft day, causing him to break the story on that particular day. But that's not the same thing as there being no source for the story at all. He didn't make it up. He's spoken about how he had heard about it all off-season.

• Creative
Reactions: clonedude and Jer

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
No surprise.
What's the date that shows Rodgers is serious?
I think the Mandatory OTA's are like the 2nd or 3rd week of June. We will see if he shows up then.

Like was mention above the June 2nd date is when IF the Packers trade him (still don't think they will) they would save a good bit of money on their Salary Cap compared to trading him before then.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I think the Mandatory OTA's are like the 2nd or 3rd week of June. We will see if he shows up then.

Like was mention above the June 2nd date is when IF the Packers trade him (still don't think they will) they would save a good bit of money on their Salary Cap compared to trading him before then.

I don't expect the Packers will do anything until Aaron's fines kick in and Rodgers officially announces his 'retirement'. Then GB will reluctantly act on some of the offers they have been fielding since the draft.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I don't expect the Packers will do anything until Aaron's fines kick in and Rodgers officially announces his 'retirement'. Then GB will reluctantly act on some of the offers they have been fielding since the draft.
I hope they don’t. Let him retire. Save the money and roll with Love.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Rodgers is so out of Green Bay

Yep. Basically ran the bus over management by praising everyone except management. The timing is telling because after June 1 his cap number goes down by a whole lot. Gave his buddy Kenny the scoop on his way out the door. LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Yep. Basically ran the bus over management by praising everyone except management. The timing is telling because after June 1 his cap number goes down by a whole lot. Gave his buddy Kenny the scoop on his way out the door. LOL
Kinda funny because this is exactly what management was planning when they drafted Jordan Love two years ago. Let Rodgers play a few seasons then trade him and start Love. Only problem is that Rodgers is still at an MVP level and Love can't get off the practice squad.

Reactions: usedcarguy

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Im a Packer fan and I think it's a crap shoot. I have no idea which way it will go. Normally when there is smoke, the fire comes. They could trade him, Not do crap, or he could be back. None would surprise me. I really want him back though.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It sounds like to me, if BG stays in the front office Aaron will force his way out. This will all shake out about the same time ISU kicks Herky's ass this fall.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Rodgers is so out of Green Bay

1621974858020.png

I was gonna throw the ball.
But I was high.
I could have scrambled and went out of bounds.
But I was high.
Now it's 4th and 27 and I know why.
Because I got high.
Because I got high.
Because I got highhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron