Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Yes. He's playing the most important position better than any other ISU player before him. He will leave Iowa State with virtually all the passing related records, multiple bowl appearances, and the winningest player in school history.

What Davis did was amazing, but at the end of the day, it was meaningless. Iowa State was awful during the time period, only winning 5 games in those seasons. IMO to be the best player in the program history, you have to also win. Individual stats mean nothing if you lose every game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Everyone will have their own opinions, but having had the opportunity to see both Seneca and Purdy play live and in person.... I think Seneca is better.

Seneca on this current team would be incredible to see. Nearly unstoppable IMO.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Almost all of them. Better arm, faster...He carried that team. There are some things you can’t quantify numerically on the football field. I can see those under the age of 30 not knowing how good Wallace was though.

I’m not under the age of thirty. Or forty.

And while Seneca may have had the better arm—and definitely is faster—Brock is the better college QB.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Almost all of them. Better arm, faster...He carried that team. There are some things you can’t quantify numerically on the football field. I can see those under the age of 30 not knowing how good Wallace was though.

Purdy has a much better arm than Wallace and it's not even close. Wallace had 18 INTs and only completed 55% of his passes as a senior

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
this is good football, but the best era? Need to see more. The teams under Earle Bruce were the best I’ve ever seen.
These are easily the best teams we’ve ever had last 3 years

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Purdy has a much better arm than Wallace and it's not even close. Wallace had 18 INTs and only completed 55% of his passes as a senior

It’s a good thing you’re not a talent evaluator because you’re not very good at it. Wallace could throw the ball on a dime across his body to the opposite side of the field. There’s a reason he lasted in the NFL for as long as he did. Like I said, there are some things you can’t quantify numerically. The Big 12 was arguably the toughest conference in the country that year too.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It’s a good thing you’re not a talent evaluator because you’re not very good at it. Wallace could throw the ball on a dime across his body to the opposite side of the field. There’s a reason he lasted in the NFL for as long as he did. Like I said, there are some things you can’t quantify numerically. The Big 12 was arguably the toughest conference in the country that year too.
Purdy has a much better arm than Seneca and it's not even close. If you want to say Seneca had a stronger arm well sure. Steele Jantz and Jacob Park had stronger arms than Purdy. Purdy has the best arm ever at Iowa State and I've watched plenty of Iowa State football bud

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Purdy has a much better arm than Seneca and it's not even close. If you want to say Seneca had a stronger arm well sure. Steele Jantz and Jacob Park had stronger arms than Purdy. Purdy has the best arm ever at Iowa State and I've watched plenty of Iowa State football bud

What do you mean by "best arm"?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron