2022 Recruiting/Transfer Class

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Are he and Osun a package deal?

That was the initial narrative when Lofton and Osun entered the portal and they visited FLA. Not sure now as the gators are stacked in the front court and Qsun wouldn't start. Plus ISU does have Holmes if he wants have a friend on the new team.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isuno1fan

WeB4Cy

Mar 29, 2022
Holmes/Williams
Green/Gabe
T-King/Kunz
Osun/Ward

With Grill, E-King, Watson, Lipsey and Jones

The first 6 will be interchangeable 1-4 IMO. Depending on if we go 4 guards, or play bigger. I think that these Freshman can push for some minutes as well. I would be shocked if those top 8 names don't lead the team in minutes played this year. Grill will get his minutes as well, just don't know if it'll be the 24+ he played last year.

Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Holmes/Williams
Green/Gabe
T-King/Kunz
Osun/Ward

The first 6 will be interchangeable 1-4 IMO. Depending on if we go 4 guards, or play bigger. I think that these Freshman can push for some minutes as well. I would be shocked if those top 8 names don't lead the team in minutes played this year. Grill will get his minutes as well, just don't know if it'll be the 24+ he played last year.
I've seen this a couple time - I don't think Holmes is a PG, at least not in TJ's system. I think Green is likely the backup PG, unless Lipsey forces his way onto the court.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Holmes/Williams
Green/Gabe
T-King/Kunz
Osun/Ward

The 5th guard spot will be interesting to see who gets it. Lipsey as the only true pg after Williams could even be right there. Grill is going to have to take another step. He could push Gabe for equal minutes if his shot improves.

I’d be surprised if anyone but AJ played the minutes Hunter and IB had.

The wildcard could be Watson. With King out, Kunc is it in terms of length that can shoot. If he adjusts quickly, he could use King’s spot to be in the top-8. A 6’8” wing that can defend the wing and stretch 4 will play. Kunc’s backup or even next to him.