2019-20 FB Coaching Carousel & Rumors

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
No way Rhule and Riley get passed up by the NFL right? If that happens, Campbell would be the 2nd longest tenured coach in the big 12 right? The league is ripe for the picking right when this staff should have a team full of their guys.
Gundy and Patterson would be the longest tenured, but yes Campbell would be 3rd.

Reactions: heitclone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
No way Rhule and Riley get passed up by the NFL right? If that happens, Campbell would be the 2nd longest tenured coach in the big 12 right? The league is ripe for the picking right when this staff should have a team full of their guys.

Rhule would be dumb not to jump as his stock won't ever be higher and their lack of big uptick in recruiting shows that it always going to take a lot of work to maintain decent success at Baylor - and his constant flirting with the NFL will only hurt recruiting even more.

I'm not sure Riley is as eager to get the NFL when he's got a pretty easy gig where he's at. Yes, OU has expectations, but the only one in the league that will really be a contender year-in against them would be Texas... if they ever figure out how to take advantage of all the talent they get and benefits they have naturally.

D

Deleted member 8507

If the articles are correct, Rhule held a team meeting to tell his players he is interviewing for NFL jobs. At least doing it the right way and not being shady about his options.

They seem to think that CMC would leave ISU to go to Baylor. Also, someone who claims to be in the know says Rhule makes over $6mill per year at Baylor, base contract, plus incentives.

upload_2019-12-30_13-47-33.png

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
baylor as a program, yes, terrible in the sense of how it was ran.

rhule changed it and he's a great coach. sucks the conference would lose a really good coach.

Do you want a league full of awesome coaches that keep us at 6-7 wins/year or have a few games each year like most other leagues so we can get to 8-9 wins/year? You really can't have both, as much as people like to pretend.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
They seem to think that CMC would leave ISU to go to Baylor. Also, someone who claims to be in the know says Rhule makes over $6mill per year at Baylor, base contract, plus incentives.

View attachment 69475

Interesting...the mention of Willie Fritz is the guy I would hire if I were Baylor. He always wins...and likely would finish his career in Waco if he were hired.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Do you want a league full of awesome coaches that keep us at 6-7 wins/year or have a few games each year like most other leagues so we can get to 8-9 wins/year? You really can't have both, as much as people like to pretend.

id like to have great coaches and be able to win on a consistent bases -- 9-10 wins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Interesting...the mention of Willie Fritz is the guy I would hire if I were Baylor. He always wins...and likely would finish his career in Waco if he were hired.
Not a bad option. I would really look hard at Sonny Dykes.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Yep. One of the hardest things our program faced over the last decade or so wasnt that the top was especially great, but that the middle was so solid it made it harder to move up those rungs.

When we're playing 10 P5 games a year, having at least a couple of those be near-guaranteed would be nice. Even KU, while solidly at the bottom of the conference, didnt really give the conference the true doormats that the SEC\ACC\B10 have (ku was about #85 in sagarin, while those conferences had 2 teams each around or below #100).