2019-20 FB Coaching Carousel & Rumors

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sigh, god you are dense.

Of course he does, but he also doesn't sit around and preach Jesus and Family values while slamming 19 year old co-eds and doing blow of hookers tits in a second apartment that his wife doesn't know about like one prominent coach I deal with.

People like you just eat up all that fluff and sit at dinner tables and go, "I like so and so coach because he isnt out there being a scumbag" when in reality that coaches PR and Managment team have created the best way to build a brand and sell tickets to the simple minded folks that prefer to just believe everything on the surface level.

Kiffin is absolutely a scumbag snake oil salesman, but at least he is out front with that, not just pushing a narrative that will make him more palatable for Frank and Sally and their Church friends.

Could you make some introductions?

Reactions: JP4CY

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Rhule would be dumb not to jump as his stock won't ever be higher and their lack of big uptick in recruiting shows that it always going to take a lot of work to maintain decent success at Baylor - and his constant flirting with the NFL will only hurt recruiting even more.

I'm not sure Riley is as eager to get the NFL when he's got a pretty easy gig where he's at. Yes, OU has expectations, but the only one in the league that will really be a contender year-in against them would be Texas... if they ever figure out how to take advantage of all the talent they get and benefits they have naturally.
I can't remember which NFL team Rhule was rumored to have engaged with but it seems like it was quite clear that he had very serious interest in the NFL last year. I'm expecting this news to be true and he'll thankfully be leaving Waco.

I think Riley can and will do enough at OU to remain firmly ensconced as the OU head coach. But it'll start to suck if he doesn't get to the championship game relatively soon. So much of the CFB "BS" goes away in the NFL. I know you trade CFB bullsh!t for NFL bullsh!t but the allure of not recruiting and having a GM must be enticing to guys like Riley. And in Riley's case (a Texan) it would have to be tough to turn down "The Star" no matter how feckless Jerrah is.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I have a lot of respect for Rhule as a coach. That’s why I want him out of the Big 12

I was surprised how quickly he brought them back from the Briles incident. They caught the breaks this yr I hope he monetizes it outside of the B12.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Do you want a league full of awesome coaches that keep us at 6-7 wins/year or have a few games each year like most other leagues so we can get to 8-9 wins/year? You really can't have both, as much as people like to pretend.

Is the Big 12 full of awesome coaches right now?

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
BREAKING: Nobody has been in contact with Tom Herman regarding their Head Coaching vacancy. Nobody would like to interview him & see if he’s a good fit for their organization. Herman is expected to remain at Texas despite heavy interest from absolutely no teams.

(From TaylorsHamm@soundbitebear 12/30/19)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron