• Total voters

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
laugh-mock.gif
I call B.S.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Every article from Hines starts off something like this:

“In the middle of the desolate and barren Iowa landscape there is a historic building where Iowa State plays basketball (where if you ask anyone could really use a facelift). As <insert any minor issue unrelated to the basketball team> unfolds, the ISU men’s team dream of bigger and better things like the Twin Cities and count their days as they ride out their time in Ames hoping and waiting for a brighter future.”
I think he has been riding out his time for a long time and hates where he is

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How old is he anyway, like 70-somethingright? Being a retired guy I am pretty pro retirement for peeps over 65. Unless you just can't afford it you should retire and open up a position for someone else. Of course for what they likely pay maybe that job isn't something a younger person would want.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I have not checked his 401k status recently…. He may want to consider current inflammatory environment, and rising risks of recession when considering retirement in the near term.

Maybe wait 9-12 months before watching reruns of the 1959 rose bowl and fishing on lake okoboji full time?

But… I am not a financial advisor.

• Love
Reactions: CyBobby

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Randy should have retired years ago. He is a journalist in a digital world - obsolete

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How old is he anyway, like 70-somethingright? Being a retired guy I am pretty pro retirement for peeps over 65. Unless you just can't afford it you should retire and open up a position for someone else. Of course for what they likely pay maybe that job isn't something a younger person would want.
I seem to recall that a couple of long time St. Louis Post-Dispatch sportswriters who covered the Cardinals retired recently at about Randy’s age. So maybe there’s something about getting that 50 years in.

Guess we’ll see what he does at the end of the academic year—or after Spring ball.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I seem to recall that a couple of long time St. Louis Post-Dispatch sportswriters who covered the Cardinals retired recently at about Randy’s age. So maybe there’s something about getting that 50 years in.

Guess we’ll see what he does at the end of the academic year—or after Spring ball.

Ego and a ****** plaque?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Ego and a ****** plaque?
My optometrist says he doesn’t know when or if he’ll retire, because he doesn’t know what else he’d do.

Guess that’s kind of like CPR’s current coaching gig.

Randy has a job that isn’t physically demanding, that he apparently has fun with, brings in a nice check to pad that eventual retirement—and still gets to spend plenty of time at the lake.