Votes: 459 85.5%
  • No!

Votes: 48 8.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 30 5.6%

• Total voters

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
That’s right—he’s a journalist. Worked the softball tourney with him many years ago and he was a true professional. Dude is a survivor and has paid his dues.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyBobby

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What question would you have asked?
I'd ask about rotation, who's going to get minutes, and how that matches up with Baylor because Caleb played the most minutes of anyone on the team the first time we played them.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I'd ask about rotation, who's going to get minutes, and how that matches up with Baylor because Caleb played the most minutes of anyone on the team the first time we played them.
Since Kunz had zero minutes the first go around, I suspect the majority go to him.

My vote on this four year old thread hasn't changed. Has anyone considered swapping votes?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not only should he retire, he should have never gotten into journalism in the first place.

Maybe he should have been an engineer or something.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
U have to understand that the Locust St Liar/the des moines ragester is just for the Iowa Hawkeye fans!!
I have not read the Liar since I gave up my subscription in 1985!!
I think that good ol' boy Randy should have retired in the middle eighties, It makes NO difference if its Randy or someone else Iowa State will never get a fair shake from those jerks ever!!!

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
After living in eastern Iowa off and on for years, you central Iowa folk don't realize how good you have it.

With an abundance of ISU grads living in eastern Iowa, we nonetheless have to endure decades-long Hawkeye propaganda from Hawkeye TV and newsprint hacks constantly.... They blatantly ignore a potentially nice ISU story in order to suck-up to anything Hawkeye---coaches, players... The CR Gazette front sports page? 3-4 Hawk stories; ISU relegated to pg 2 or 3; UNI to page 4-5.

The hack Hawkeye homers typically keep their TV / print jobs forever, while the younger/newer/better talent are relegated to weekend work and use their employer as a stepping stone and eventually get the fk out of eastern Iowa.

The CR Gazette ISU beat writer Rob Gray--is good. Prior to Rob they had some ISU intern they'd send over to an ISU-OU fb game from example (when both were ranked), while the Gazette sent their entire remaining sports staff to Bloomington for a crummy IA-Indiana fb game. lol.

Another example..Gazette sports writer Marc Morehouse--since moved on, would sequester himself in the summer @ a Hawkeye fb players' hometown. His last story was on Iowa DE Parker Hesse.... The story ended up as a 5-edition 20,000 word essay/bio of this farm kid and his family--like where Parker took a piss, to what was hanging on his bedroom walls, to the names of his farm animals. ~ creepy as fk

oh, don't get me started on the TV stations sports anchors

Reactions: werdnamanhill

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
After living in eastern Iowa off and on for years, you central Iowa folk don't realize how good you have it.

With an abundance of ISU grads living in eastern Iowa, we nonetheless have to endure decades-long Hawkeye propaganda from Hawkeye TV and newsprint hacks constantly.... They blatantly ignore a potentially nice ISU story in order to suck-up to anything Hawkeye---coaches, players... The CR Gazette front sports page? 3-4 Hawk stories; ISU relegated to pg 2 or 3; UNI to page 4-5.

The hack Hawkeye homers typically keep their TV / print jobs forever, while the younger/newer/better talent are relegated to weekend work and use their employer as a stepping stone and eventually get the fk out of eastern Iowa.

The CR Gazette ISU beat writer Rob Gray--is good. Prior to Rob they had some ISU intern they'd send over to an ISU-OU fb game from example (when both were ranked), while the Gazette sent their entire remaining sports staff to Bloomington for a crummy IA-Indiana fb game. lol.

Another example..Gazette sports writer Marc Morehouse--since moved on, would sequester himself in the summer @ a Hawkeye fb players' hometown. His last story was on Iowa DE Parker Hesse.... The story ended up as a 5-edition 20,000 word essay/bio of this farm kid and his family--like where Parker took a piss, to what was hanging on his bedroom walls, to the names of his farm animals. ~ creepy as fk

oh, don't get me started on the TV stations sports anchors
Growing up in the QC I had only one friend who was a cyclone fan, and I remember not really understanding what that meant and not understanding why he didn't like the Hawkeyes. Totally foreign.

Reactions: Prone2Clone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Growing up in the QC I had only one friend who was a cyclone fan, and I remember not really understanding what that meant and not understanding why he didn't like the Hawkeyes. Totally foreign.
I was that kid in NE Iowa. My brother was at ISU and I was a fan. I took untold amounts of **** from all of the Hawk fans being so outnumbered. And people wonder why I want the hawkeyes to lose at everything...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was that kid in NE Iowa. My brother was at ISU and I was a fan. I took untold amounts of **** from all of the Hawk fans being so outnumbered. And people wonder why I want the hawkeyes to lose at everything...

I was similar...it wasn't so much being outnumbered as it was being around people transformed by Haydenism, i.e. there's no way ISU could ever beat Iowa in anything because Jess Settles was a small town boy on average to decent Iowa teams.

Reactions: VeloClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
200w.gif