R Mason Thomas Commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Heard Xavier wanted Iowa State but his Family wanted him to be closer to Home. Xavier chose UCF as a result.

Or that's what they are saying to cover up the real reason. That's the thing...does our staff really ever get to know the real reason?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
What else could he say - the reporter put him in a corner. Wouldn't read to much into it. Hope we see him on the field as a Cyclone1

There's that feeling of hope that the message he gave was legit...but my brain knows better and whether he comes or not, I won't let myself fall for it. Kinda like all those tweets where commits say "I'm 110% committed" and decommit the next month. Guess it needed to be 120%, lol.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Or that's what they are saying to cover up the real reason. That's the thing...does our staff really ever get to know the real reason?

Stop with conspiracy BS. Xavier seems like a nice young man of high character. The type of recruit that Campbell wants. Perhaps take the word of the young man deciding what he wants for HIS future. Until you see otherwise, quit denigrating these recruits that their sole objective is money or some other benefit. Accept their decision and move on.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If there were to be a legitimate endowment started by a reputable group for NIL payments to Iowa State athletes I would likely give them a chunk of my cyclone club donation.
That is what I think will happen some. Some ADs will feel a hit because some money will flow to NIL that was flowing to the AD. You see it in non profits like churches, foot banks and others. When you ask for funds for a specific project people will give for it, but their other normal giving gets lighter.

Now the AD will struggle but the football and MBB will get extra funds. The Olympic sports will be the ones hurt by NIL in the long run.

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
Heard Xavier wanted Iowa State but his Family wanted him to be closer to Home. Xavier chose UCF as a result.
I can't ever fault a commit for staying closer to home. The risk of recruiting Florida I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.