R Mason Thomas Commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
That is what I think will happen some. Some ADs will feel a hit because some money will flow to NIL that was flowing to the AD. You see it in non profits like churches, foot banks and others. When you ask for funds for a specific project people will give for it, but their other normal giving gets lighter.

Now the AD will struggle but the football and MBB will get extra funds. The Olympic sports will be the ones hurt by NIL in the long run.

Do foot banks give away free feet to the needy or is it a loan program where you can set up a mortgage for a new foot? ;)

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I feel like if he truly wants early playing time..... and what recruit doesn't want that. Does he not stand to gain that at our school quicker than a LSU or elsewhere? I would say yes. I'm optimistic here, that video says he wants to win a title here. Let's go.

CMCs track record indicates if you are ready he will rotate backups in throughout games.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I’m predicting two of these three LB’s recruits (Imming, Willich, Mclaughin) will be starters eventually. I even think one may start their freshman year.
Campbell tends to bring freshman along slowly. If the freshman LB's are talented they will get the chance to play on special teams and get some snaps in the LB rotation.

I would think Vaughn & Reeder will start. After that there is a pretty big group of rs-freshman or true freshman to start. Will also be curious where Verdon ends up as a safety or LB.

Reactions: cyclone1209

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Campbell tends to bring freshman along slowly. If the freshman LB's are talented they will get the chance to play on special teams and get some snaps in the LB rotation.

I would think Vaughn & Reeder will start. After that there is a pretty big group of rs-freshman or true freshman to start. Will also be curious where Verdon ends up as a safety or LB.
Mike Rose, Brock Purdy, Charlie Kolar?

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Jaylin Noel, Isheem Young?

Isheem was already much older than a typical freshman.

So far you have Purdy who was pushed into service because we had nothing to lose in giving him a shot and Rose, who was a massive recruiting find. His point stands, freshman are typically brought along in a slow, orderly fashion.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Isheem was already much older than a typical freshman.

So far you have Purdy who was pushed into service because we had nothing to lose in giving him a shot and Rose, who was a massive recruiting find. His point stands, freshman are typically brought along in a slow, orderly fashion.
That’s in every program unless they are ready to play and then they play, in pretty much every program.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone
Status
Not open for further replies.