R Mason Thomas Commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I would be shocked if this kid ever plays for Iowa State.

Same. Guessing we don't get a late commit from a SDSU flip 2-star at end if he was coming, but what do I know? ( maybe we wanted him anyway...I guess that 2-star Mike Rose turned out pretty well ;) )

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
Same. Guessing we don't get a late commit from a SDSU flip 2-star at end if he was coming, but what do I know? ( maybe we wanted him anyway...I guess that 2-star Mike Rose turned out pretty well ;) )

From what I heard, it isn't an indicator either way of confidence in securing R Mason in February. Seemed more like they had a scholarship open with the recent transfers and wanted an insurance policy. That said I still have little faith we land Thomas. Securing Moten would go a long way to bringing Thomas over as well

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
From what I heard, it isn't an indicator either way of confidence in securing R Mason in February. Seemed more like they had a scholarship open with the recent transfers and wanted an insurance policy. That said I still have little faith we land Thomas. Securing Moten would go a long way to bringing Thomas over as well

I wasn't aware of Thomas and Moten being teammates. Are they opposite end rushers at their school?

Reactions: isufbcurt

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
I’ve heard, but can’t verify, that this staff very much dislikes when guys are taking other visits after committing to us (what coach wouldn’t?). Almost a degree that they’d pull an offer.

It’s interesting that Thomas is still committed yet has visits planned elsewhere. He’s probably *good* enough to make an exception for, but I’m dying to know where he stands with this staff. If he wants to go to LSU, or OU, or UF then he could just decommit and open recruitment up.

FWIW, it’s a major decision and he’s entitled to take as long as he needs to. It’s just bizarre to drag it out given his commitment to us 6 months ago.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I’ve heard, but can’t verify, that this staff very much dislikes when guys are taking other visits after committing to us (what coach wouldn’t?). Almost a degree that they’d pull an offer.

It’s interesting that Thomas is still committed yet has visits planned elsewhere. He’s probably *good* enough to make an exception for, but I’m dying to know where he stands with this staff. If he wants to go to LSU, or OU, or UF then he could just decommit and open recruitment up.

FWIW, it’s a major decision and he’s entitled to take as long as he needs to. It’s just bizarre to drag it out given his commitment to us 6 months ago.

I get a staff's displeasure, but our staff also gets commitments to flip, so not sure that holds much water. Just like the Ohio running back...he probably signs with us until Ohio State comes in with an offer. Then we have to go after another recruit for example. Can't believe how frustrating/stressful recruiting must be.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019

I'm just stunned he hasn't "reopened" his recruitment with a notes app announcement on Twitter. It's throwing me off because it sure doesn't feel much like a commitment at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio

Our coaches are highly supportive of recruits taking visits after committing to us. It’s what’s best for them and Campbell gets that. You’re thinking of those dudes out east that don’t allow committed players to visit.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I'm just stunned he hasn't "reopened" his recruitment with a notes app announcement on Twitter. It's throwing me off because it sure doesn't feel much like a commitment at this point.

He's just waiting it out. Sounds like Townsend knew where he was going the minute he made a decommitment announcement anyway.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Our coaches are highly supportive of recruits taking visits after committing to us. It’s what’s best for them and Campbell gets that. You’re thinking of those dudes out east that don’t allow committed players to visit.
Oh that makes sense. They wait too long in the process to let other schools do the evaluating and then try to swoop in close to signing day. Doesn’t leave a lot of time if a guy visits after that ;)

• Winner
Reactions: Cycl0nepower

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I’m predicting two of these three LB’s recruits (Imming, Willich, Mclaughin) will be starters eventually. I even think one may start their freshman year.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Could we start a gofundme for a CF NIL endorsement to get this kid to sign? Might be a fun way to get some publicity

Status
Not open for further replies.