All FB coaching rumors and speculation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
He doesn’t want to leave. He doesn’t want to uproot his young family. This program is his baby and I have to believe that walking away after this unfulfilling season (understatement) would be very difficult. That doesn’t mean he can’t be pulled away, but I for one am not particularly worried.
Like it, I have always been the exact same thinking and with the geographic locations of these jobs didn’t change my thinking. I will tell you the conversations I have had and reading/ listening the last two days have got me more to a 60/40 stay vs leave which is by far the highest leave percentage I have ever been. Either way not going to lose sleep over it pumped for tomorrow and honoring this historic class.

Reactions: TClone99

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Matt Campbell isn’t leaving, but if he did, I believe it would immediately becomes Pollard’s most important coaching hire ever. The climate in college football is going to change a lot over the next 5 years and you don’t want to flop on a coaching hire.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Matt Campbell isn’t leaving, but if he did, I believe it would immediately becomes Pollard’s most important coaching hire ever. The climate in college football is going to change a lot over the next 5 years and you don’t want to flop on a coaching hire.
He typically gets 3 tries for a keeper.

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
He typically gets 3 tries for a keeper.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding but are you really criticizing Pollard? We’re light years ahead of where we were before him. Some of y’all are so entitled. He’s not perfect but no man is and he’s been a loyal and good AD for us. Something most universities kill for.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Matt Campbell’s restructured contract last year reduced his buyout to a flat $4 million for the life of the contract according to the Des Moines Register. We paid approximately $5 million to fire Prohm.

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
Matt Campbell’s restructured contract last year reduced his buyout to a flat $4 million for the life of the contract according to the Des Moines Register. We paid approximately $5 million to fire Prohm.

And that’s how you keep Campbell. He made a bad call on Prohm. Please tell me of other AD’s that are as good or better, especially with our budget. Look at the hires Texas, Florida, USC, Tennessee, etc., have made. People really need to show some grace, the world would be a lot better for it.

Reactions: cygrads and 83cy

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Is "premature speculation" like a different version a "premature ejac......" issue?

I say yes!!!!!!!

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
Maybe I’m misunderstanding but are you really criticizing Pollard? We’re light years ahead of where we were before him. Some of y’all are so entitled. He’s not perfect but no man is and he’s been a loyal and good AD for us. Something most universities kill for.

Good lord it's a joke, with some truth to it. Jamie's hires early in his career were embarrassingly bad, and that's coming from a big JP fan

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Good lord it's a joke, with some truth to it. Jamie's hires early in his career were embarrassingly bad, and that's coming from a big JP fan
I predict LSU's opening will be Mark Stoops from Kentucky.

This is because I think Aranda goes to USC, or stays at Baylor, and Campbell would be a horrible fit for LSU.

Reactions: ClonesInDallas

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
Fair enough, just so many people are so quick to criticize it’s hard to tell sometimes and gets annoying.

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesInDallas

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
And that’s how you keep Campbell. He made a bad call on Prohm. Please tell me of other AD’s that are as good or better, especially with our budget. Look at the hires Texas, Florida, USC, Tennessee, etc., have made. People really need to show some grace, the world would be a lot better for it.

Settle down bud. I made a statement of fact on Campbell’s contract and provided a direct comparison. No opinion attached to it.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
Buyout is always higher to fire a coach than for a coach to leave