Zeb Noland transferring

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Pretty interesting Zeb Noland story..Not something you see everyday

After 2 years at NDSU, Zeb decided to be done playing and is a GA at South Carolina.
Due to a number of injuries, transfers, etc, South Carolina was pretty thin in the QB room. So they are moving Zeb from GA to QB, competing for playing time.

Football scoop has a good outline for how USC got to where they are at, plus there's the timeline of Zeb's time at ISU.

Zeb Noland has had a very interesting journey. It would be fantastic if his playing career ends with spectacular success in the SEC (being a Georgia kid).

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He was real, real bad when NDSU tried to roll him out this spring. Looked absolutely lost.
Seconded. Part of a couple games I watched of that spring ball season, he did not look good… at all. That offense had no rhythm.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
If he becomes the starter, I will make SC my second favorite team. Would be a cool story if he did well.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Whatever the over under is for South Carolina. I'm strongly considering HAMMERING the under
Not going to convince you otherwise, but I wonder what Oklahoma thought in 2017 when we trotted out our 3rd string walk-on QB with zero game experience after our starter quits the team the week prior?
If the right culture is in place, SC might be just fine

Reactions: khardbored and 83cy

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Not going to convince you otherwise, but I wonder what Oklahoma thought in 2017 when we trotted out our 3rd string walk-on QB with zero game experience after our starter quits the team the week prior?
If the right culture is in place, SC might be just fine

It's 3.5..

I actually think they win 4. But those 4 wins would be from Eastern Illinois, Eastern Carolina, Troy and Vandy.. They are going to STINK but that non-con schedule is a JOKE with the Clemson exemption.. Wish ISU only had to play 8 Big 12 games and schedule another UNLV game

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I'd bet the under. You get push insurance from the 3.5 line and they are pulling in GA's to play QB with 2 weeks until the opener
If he looks terrible in an FCS spring game I find it hard to believe he would even be remotely adequate on a poor SEC team. They might win 2 games. The guy is a 3rd string FCS QB.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This can't help but remind me of back in the dark days of Iowa State Women's Basketball a team manager ended up suiting up and playing the rest of the season. I think her name was Jenny Hobbs.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Was she related to Roy?
I just googled her and by her twitter it looks like she is a science teacher in Keota, Ia.

It was cool for her to get the chance to play the game she loved, but it was a sad commentary on how low the program had dropped. That was about the time Theresa Becker gave up on the program and resigned as head coach to go back to Nebraska as an assistant. Good thing she did since ISU then poached the Toledo coach who turned the program around.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY