Zeb Noland transferring

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I just googled her and by her twitter it looks like she is a science teacher in Keota, Ia.

It was cool for her to get the chance to play the game she loved, but it was a sad commentary on how low the program had dropped. That was about the time Theresa Becker gave up on the program and resigned as head coach to go back to Nebraska as an assistant. Good thing she did since ISU then poached the Toledo coach who turned the program around.
I’d argue the program bottomed out a little before Theresa Becker.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I’d argue the program bottomed out a little before Theresa Becker.
It was really bad but Becker truly bottomed it out.

Her predecessor Pam Wettig only once in 8 years had her team in the #8 (last) seed in the conference tournament and that one time was not her last year (6th). In fact, she didn't finish worse than 6th any of her last 3 years at ISU so she left room for ISU to be worse. Becker said "hold my beer" and locked down the 8 seed all three years.

She was an assistant at Nebraska before she came to head the Iowa State program. She quit at ISU three years later to go...be an assistant at Nebraska.

Becker still holds the all time low winning percentage at ISU of .222. Her predecessor, Wettig was .452 at ISU.

She did get Jayme Olson to Ames though. :)

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
This can't help but remind me of back in the dark days of Iowa State Women's Basketball a team manager ended up suiting up and playing the rest of the season. I think her name was Jenny Hobbs.
Was that Fennelly's first season? I seem to remember having only 4 scholarship players his first season

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I just googled her and by her twitter it looks like she is a science teacher in Keota, Ia.

It was cool for her to get the chance to play the game she loved, but it was a sad commentary on how low the program had dropped. That was about the time Theresa Becker gave up on the program and resigned as head coach to go back to Nebraska as an assistant. Good thing she did since ISU then poached the Toledo coach who turned the program around.

Wait, which sport are we talking about?!?!? :D

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I remember his game against OU back in '18. thought he played decent
C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
Zeb Noland25/3636010.02175.7

then came his game against tcu lol

C/ATT
YDSAVGTDINTQBR
Zeb Noland - 14/28 792.81057.3