Vaccine reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I hope mine fully returns after my second. I'm sitting at about 40% now and have been for months.

One of my best friends has no sense of taste or smell and hasn't since Thanksgiving. I mean nothing. Food is like ash in his mouth. Honestly that would get old quick.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Hoping I am in clear on shot two. It’s been a little over 24 hours and about a flu shot level sore arm is it. Maybe it goes easier on old people, kind of opposite of the disease. Still spending today with a glass of water nearby at all times.

Son who got second Pfizer yesterday also just has sore arm, but he got his a few hours after me. Fingers crossed it will help his Covid long haul symptoms.

Good luck - my after effects really started a little over 24 hours after #2. Wasn't bad, really, but glad that happened on a Sunday.

Reactions: carvers4math

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
First Moderna shot yesterday mid afternoon. Sore arm now (not at all yesterday), but they warned me the “bad reactions” usually happen about 24 hours after the shot.

Thus, making a quick trip to the grocery store.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm and Acylum

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
One of my best friends has no sense of taste or smell and hasn't since Thanksgiving. I mean nothing. Food is like ash in his mouth. Honestly that would get old quick.

My neighbor had Covid in August and hasn’t been able to taste anything since then. She’s 30 years old. She got her sense of smell back by Thanksgiving.

She still stops at Casey’s every morning for a coffee and two hash browns, one for her and one for the dog ( well the dog doesn’t drink coffee lol). Apparently not tasting food but smelling it doesn’t not make you eat healthier.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
28 hours after my 2nd Pfizer shot and I'm not really noticing anything other than a sore arm. I will admit, it was tough to get out of bed today, which is a rarity for me, so I'm sure I was feeling a little something. I feel completely normal right now, even the soreness in my arm is going away.

Almost exactly my experience. Nothing terrible but I had a pretty sore arm for a day and was just dragging a little bit for 6ish hours.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I'm about 28 hours since my 2nd Pfizer shot, just a little sore at the injection site. I had the same experience after the 1st shot, some pain at the site that lasted a day or two. So far, so good.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
I'm about 24 hours in on Moderna shot #2. Felt fine for 6-8 hours after getting shot. Woke up around 3am this morning and my whole body hurt - muscles, joints, etc. And totally exhausted. Got up to go to the bathroom and as soon as I was out from under the covers I started shivering uncontrollably. Not fun (and it makes it hard to aim!).

It's easing off now but still have sore muscles and joints and my hands and feet are freezing.

Very weird.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm about 24 hours in on Moderna shot #2. Felt fine for 6-8 hours after getting shot. Woke up around 3am this morning and my whole body hurt - muscles, joints, etc. And totally exhausted. Got up to go to the bathroom and as soon as I was out from under the covers I started shivering uncontrollably. Not fun (and it makes it hard to aim!).

It's easing off now but still have sore muscles and joints and my hands and feet are freezing.

Very weird.

That's kinda what I experienced. Not the 'chills' like sitting there with shivers but when I was up at one point I just felt really cold. Went away the next day.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Hoping I am in clear on shot two. It’s been a little over 24 hours and about a flu shot level sore arm is it. Maybe it goes easier on old people, kind of opposite of the disease. Still spending today with a glass of water nearby at all times.

Son who got second Pfizer yesterday also just has sore arm, but he got his a few hours after me. Fingers crossed it will help his Covid long haul symptoms.
Four hours into Moderna #2 after zero side affects with #1. Easy peasy lemon squeezy so far.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Just had my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Woke up at 11 last night feeling crappy. Fell asleep again and woke back up at 5am. At that point, I felt like I was dying. Throbbing headache, body aches, nauseated, weak, and fatigued.

Fast forward to 2pm today and I'm feeling better. Still tired but not bad.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The DMR has a story that they gave a bunch of inmates at Fort Madison way more than proper dose of Pfizer cause they neglected to add saline as required. I think those guys have more to worry about than me. Just totally incompetent, six times the recommended amount

Status
Not open for further replies.