Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I've got a good reply, but I don't want the mods mad at me so I'll just say dealer's choice.

And the nurse who have me the shot was pretty cute...
So did you schedule a third shot?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Has anyone had a headache after the first shot?

Yes x2. I had a splitting headache morning after Pfizer #1. Went away thru the morning with some ibuprofen. That was basically it for me.

GF has developed splitting headache bordering on migrane which has been ibuprofen resistant; needs excedrin extra to damp it down. This started 2 days after Pfizer #1, and has gone on for 3 days in a row now. Can't be sure if it is the shot or the change in weather, allergies, et al, but I suspect it is the shot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Saw an article this morning from one of the originators of the vaccines saying we need three rounds of shots due to immunity falling off with variants.

Pfizer folks are doing a great job with their advertising.

Someone should ask them about the strong T-Cell response in studies vs. the variants among other results.

Not saying boosters won't be a need or at least a recommendation for some at some point but them making that claim goes against current findings.

Reactions: aauummm

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Alright. Late to the party, but just got my first Moderna shot this morning. I think I’m experiencing some kind of side effect, but not anything I’ve seen before. I honestly feel like I just smashed a couple rails. Can’t stand still, feel like I’m talking faster than normal, hearing in greater detail, etc. No joke. I fully expect to crash hard here soon.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Alright. Late to the party, but just got my first Moderna shot this morning. I think I’m experiencing some kind of side effect, but not anything I’ve seen before. I honestly feel like I just smashed a couple rails. Can’t stand still, feel like I’m talking faster than normal, hearing in greater detail, etc. No joke. I fully expect to crash hard here soon.
You're still typing pretty well. Better sit on something soft and rest if you can.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Which is better for younger people please?

I have a sample size of 9 between the ages of 20-30 if that is your “younger” group, but not particularly helpful. Five sons, two of their cousins, two of their girlfriends (and yeah the cousins and girlfriends are different people lol)

Six Moderna, three Pfizer, only one to have both shots of Moderna so far is a nurse, only one to have both shots of Pfizer so far had Covid.

Only one to have anything but sore arm is the son who had Covid. He’s been tired but he has chronic fatigue from Covid so no idea if it is from the shot or the Covid. Have heard anecdotally that the first shot is worse if you had Covid, but he can’t really tell any difference since he is always tired.

From that small sample, I would say your odds of anything too bad from either one are slim.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Did they completely shut down the Johnson and Johnson one? Wasn't there basically no side effects for younger people?
Reproductive age females is the group they are looking into further regarding clot issues. Until that is investigated, yes, all JJ shots are shut down.

It's starting to get rolled back out elsewhere, might be soon here in the US of A.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
Just got my 2nd shot of Moderna yesterday. In my early 30's. Real tired, more so than after the 1st shot. Sore arm again but not as bad. I don't know if having it done to the opposite arm made that side effect less annoying.

• Friendly
Reactions: carvers4math

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I got my second Pfizer yesterday morning. Weird this was my arm was REAL sore about 5 minutes after but that quickly disappeared.
Throughout the night my arm hurt more than the first one. When I woke up this morning I did not have a headache but felt like I only slept like 4.5 hours. (I slept ~7.5 hours) This went away quick.

Today was a 'speed' running day for me. I ran my mile in 7 minutes (I'm 44 and a bit overweight) and then did some intervals. The mile time was the best I've had in several months. Next time I have a race I am going to get a Pfizer shot the day before!

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I got my second Pfizer yesterday morning. Weird this was my arm was REAL sore about 5 minutes after but that quickly disappeared.
Throughout the night my arm hurt more than the first one. When I woke up this morning I did not have a headache but felt like I only slept like 4.5 hours. (I slept ~7.5 hours) This went away quick.

Today was a 'speed' running day for me. I ran my mile in 7 minutes (I'm 44 and a bit overweight) and then did some intervals. The mile time was the best I've had in several months. Next time I have a race I am going to get a Pfizer shot the day before!

I ran this morning as well. Not speed, just getting out and about and trying to get back in the habit. I've been dealing with some lower back issues (likely due to needing a new bed), which has kept me down.

I also had what appeared to be good stats (at least, my fancy-pants Garmin told me).

Status
Not open for further replies.