Vaccine reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
The DMR has a story that they gave a bunch of inmates at Fort Madison way more than proper dose of Pfizer cause they neglected to add saline as required. I think those guys have more to worry about than me. Just totally incompetent, six times the recommended amount
I would move all of them to a hospital under close medical supervision until a doctor says they’re cleared to return.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Got my second Moderna shot 10 on Tuesday. Tuesday was fine. Wednesday woke up with a headache and sore arm. Felt a bit off yesterday and lower back and knees seemed to bother me. Today feel relatively normal. Symptoms were worse after the first shot when was tired, chills, more of sore arm, and just felt off. This time around I did try to hydrate more and also did some push ups to try to help with the sore arm.

I did have Covid at Christmas time and the symptoms post first shot reminded me a lot of what I went through then, but milder and only a day or so in length. Thrilled this is nearly done for me personally. My wife is about two weeks behind me in the process and the kids should be to all done by mid May other than my 14 year old..

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The DMR has a story that they gave a bunch of inmates at Fort Madison way more than proper dose of Pfizer cause they neglected to add saline as required. I think those guys have more to worry about than me. Just totally incompetent, six times the recommended amount

We know what comes next.

104ff2bbbda30df4cee382bac5706b3d50035a0e.jpg

Reactions: carvers4math

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My brother is the same after covid in December. He’s gained weight lol. I think he just eats everything hoping he can taste it.
They had Willie Farell (sp?) on Murph and Andy yesterday. He lost his taste with covid too and that's exactly what he said. He gained weight chasing things down that he could taste even a little. He said there were certain things like spicy and tart that he could still get a little sensation out of. Said he always feels hungry now. Weird.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Been a week since my second Moderna. I woke up last Friday with a thumping headache. Monday I went to the chiropractor for a neck adjustment because my head was still pounding. He said my neck was really out of alignment so that was the cause of my headache. Never went away. Went back again on Tuesday for another. He said my neck wasn't bad and was kinda surprised my head hurt so much. Finally, yesterday, the headache diminished. The first day in a week I wasn't popping pain killers like candy. Today is good thus far. Is my headache vaccine related? Bad coincidence? The weather? I have no idea but it all started about the same time. Having said that, if this means I won't get COVID that is ok by me.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Been a week since my second Moderna. I woke up last Friday with a thumping headache. Monday I went to the chiropractor for a neck adjustment because my head was still pounding. He said my neck was really out of alignment so that was the cause of my headache. Never went away. Went back again on Tuesday for another. He said my neck wasn't bad and was kinda surprised my head hurt so much. Finally, yesterday, the headache diminished. The first day in a week I wasn't popping pain killers like candy. Today is good thus far. Is my headache vaccine related? Bad coincidence? The weather? I have no idea but it all started about the same time. Having said that, if this means I won't get COVID that is ok by me.

Doesn't mean you won't get Covid.

Would very likely be an asymp or mild case and shut down spread/transmission though.

Which is nice.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Pfizer #2 resulted in a sore shoulder (shot site) for a couple of days, but that was it (just like #1).

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Doesn't mean you won't get Covid.

Would very likely be an asymp or mild case and shut down spread/transmission though.

Which is nice.
Had a family friend's son get Covid after he was considered fully immunized. The family still quarantined just as a precaution.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
headache is one of the most common side effects
Has anyone had a headache after the first shot?

I had my first Moderna shot about 1.5 weeks ago and a few days after the shot, I got a headache and I've had one every day since. Since I get headaches pretty often, I didn't/ don't think it's related to the shot, but this just seems to be a little much even for me.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Has anyone had a headache after the first shot?

I had my first Moderna shot about 1.5 weeks ago and a few days after the shot, I got a headache and I've had one every day since. Since I get headaches pretty often, I didn't/ don't think it's related to the shot, but this just seems to be a little much even for me.

I didn’t attribute my headache to the shot. My allergies have been bad since husband mowed and I think mine is just sinus headache. Not sure if allergies a problem for you.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Saw an article this morning from one of the originators of the vaccines saying we need three rounds of shots due to immunity falling off with variants.

• Informative

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I didn’t attribute my headache to the shot. My allergies have been bad since husband mowed and I think mine is just sinus headache. Not sure if allergies a problem for you.
Nope. No allergies for me, but I appreciate you sharing. Probably just stress-related even though I don't feel stressed. I drink plenty of water every day so that's not it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I would move all of them to a hospital under close medical supervision until a doctor says they’re cleared to return.

They claim the inmates should just have way worse side effects. Given the high percentage of inmate population that already had Covid and some reports that this makes the first shot a bit worse on side effects, that doesn’t seem ideal. It seems so incompetent that they either didn’t train the prison nurses or they didn’t read instructions.

Wonder now if fewer inmates will be willing to be vaccinated.

They suspended the nurses. It is already a difficult position to fill and having a nurse murdered at Anamosa doesn’t help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron