Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
My hometown courthouse is either classically historic or classically ugly depending on how you look at it. 60 years ago little Boxster got to go WAY up into the tower with Cub Scouts or something. Tower was wooden scaffold like interior stairs and floor and kinda creepy.

bjdfgihjddz.jpeg
The picture didn't load. Would you mind sharing which county? I can just look up a picture online.

So are you going into each one or just looking at the outside of them? Are you using your lawyer privilege to get in during off hours?
I'm just looking at the outside of them. Most of these trips will probably be on weekends/holidays anyway. Which probably hurts some of them because I know some of them are really cool on the inside.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Manchester, Iowa, Delaware County. He's another try....not sure where that other pic went.

delaware_county_courthouse_manchester_iowa.jpg
I really like that one, though I also like older buildings like that.

The ones that I always find disappointing are the ones that are just box-shaped like Buffalo county's. I'm sure it's a very practical building, but it isn't exactly inspiring.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Still better than Northwest.

Was an interesting mashup of corporate cultures when Northwest and Republic merged. Had some Republic flight attendant friends who referred to the NW attendants as the ""Stepford Wives". Switched planes several times back in the day by just going up to the Republic gate with a NW ticket, say at O'Hara, and they would honor it. Competitive but cool peeps.

Reactions: jcyclonee

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
The TJ cult is like, hard core on the basketball board. I’m not even actually trying to piss people off and am just trying to have a constructive conversation but they want none of that. Apparently I’m a Prohm fan boy despite me saying it was time for him to go after the West Virginia debacle over two seasons ago.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The TJ cult is like, hard core on the basketball board. I’m not even actually trying to piss people off and am just trying to have a constructive conversation but they want none of that. Apparently I’m a Prohm fan boy despite me saying it was time for him to go after the West Virginia debacle over two seasons ago.

I read that I thought you and Gunner were in cahoots to stir the pot on a slow Sunday.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

One of my nephews goes to UM and is HS friends with one of their players. Had lunch with him yesterday, he said we should not be so crazy about our transfer from there. No way I was mentioning that in any BB thread.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So I’ve decided to visit every county courthouse in Wisconsin (I’ll probably throw in all other courthouses since that won’t add too many more). I started last week and dear lord are there some ugly courthouses
We've set a goal of picking up geocaches in every county seat in Iowa. We've been documenting both the cache and the courthouse. Some of them are really beautiful. Some of them are boring as all hell (Story county comes to mind...).
21 down, 78 to go.
Wow. I guess I'd better stay out of here. I'm getting "dumb" reactions on a pretty innocent post. Namárië !
Nah, don't sweat it. If he causes trouble we have resources. In the meantime he can just do his chickenshit little party trick.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron