Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
One of the best things to happen to the Twin Cites airport was when Delta bought Northwest. Delta is so much better of an airline than Northwest was. They are way easier to deal with and, generally, a lot more friendly.
Delta put a group of us in a metal box and drove us onto the tarmac so our connecting flight could just get in line for takeoff. We then sat there baking for two hours in the summer sun.

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
No, tell me.
The pork industry was centered around Boston many years ago. They would smoke the hams but the shoulders required more processing so they were shipped out to a processing facility.
The shoulders were packaged in a certain shipping container called a butt. At the processing facility they would announce there was a shipment of Boston butts arriving. Of course it was all pork shoulder so they just started referring to the shoulder as a Boston Butt.
It also explains the term "a whole butt load"

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So I’ve decided to visit every county courthouse in Wisconsin (I’ll probably throw in all other courthouses since that won’t add too many more). I started last week and dear lord are there some ugly courthouses

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
The pork industry was centered around Boston many years ago. They would smoke the hams but the shoulders required more processing so they were shipped out to a processing facility.
The shoulders were packaged in a certain shipping container called a butt. At the processing facility they would announce there was a shipment of Boston butts arriving. Of course it was all pork shoulder so they just started referring to the shoulder as a Boston Butt.
It also explains the term "a whole butt load"
I'm not sure who is allowed to post in here, but your butt load has gotten my attention. I have no quibble with your excellent history of Boston butts, but the butt load has been around far longer. The butt was a unit of measurement in England long ago:

A regional English measure of capacity of a heavy cart (a butt), containing 6 seams, or 48 bushels, equivalent to 384 gallons. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/buttload

Now back to your regular programming. (I promise I will stop looking at your butt loads)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So I’ve decided to visit every county courthouse in Wisconsin (I’ll probably throw in all other courthouses since that won’t add too many more). I started last week and dear lord are there some ugly courthouses

My hometown courthouse is either classically historic or classically ugly depending on how you look at it. 60 years ago little Boxster got to go WAY up into the tower with Cub Scouts or something. Tower was wooden scaffold like interior stairs and floor and kinda creepy.

bjdfgihjddz.jpeg

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm not sure who is allowed to post in here, but your butt load has gotten my attention. I have no quibble with your excellent history of Boston butts, but the butt load has been around far longer. The butt was a unit of measurement in England long ago:

A regional English measure of capacity of a heavy cart (a butt), containing 6 seams, or 48 bushels, equivalent to 384 gallons. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/buttload

Now back to your regular programming. (I promise I will stop looking at your butt loads)
Being that the 13 original colonies were founded by people from Brittain using the butt measurement makes sense.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

So are you going into each one or just looking at the outside of them? Are you using your lawyer privilege to get in during off hours?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wow. I guess I'd better stay out of here. I'm getting "dumb" reactions on a pretty innocent post. Namárië !

I think you're being stalked.

I got a 'dumb' rating last night for writing that the Caleb Grill deal might be a good 'culture' move to have someone around that knows ISU and how games in Hilton are supposed to work.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
I think you're being stalked.

I got a 'dumb' rating last night for writing that the Caleb Grill deal might be a good 'culture' move to have someone around that knows ISU and how games in Hilton are supposed to work.
Not usually the case here. Seems more like a stalker following you.
Well, alrighty then. I'll take care of this. *Strides off into the woods*

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think I could do Naked and Afraid if it weren't for the biting bugs. Even the sound of mosquitos around my tent keeps me up.

Although the desert locations also look really tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron