Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
For those that are curious about vaccine effects, the second Pfizer one is getting me pretty good about 24 hours afterwards.

First shot was a walk in the park. Little sore at the injection site, but I've hit my shin on stuff and been worse off.

Got my second shot yesterday (Friday) afternoon and felt good up until about noon today (Was actually really productive around my apartment this AM). Since noon I've been tired, had a bit of a headache and am currently running a 101.5 fever. We'll see how it goes tonight and tomorrow.

Still worth it though.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
When they started charging for a bag they created a mess. Everyone started to carry-on and there wasn't enough space so they would gate check your carry-on for free.
Then people started bringing larger bags as carry-on so they could get it gate checked for free because they didn't enforce the carry-on size limits.
I only fly if I have to. They have made the entire airline experience completely miserable.

I agree. People always looked at me crazy when I'd drive home for the holidays for work (if I had the entire week off). I'd rather spend 15 hours driving then deal with flying.

Half the time it's not the airlines that make things miserable it's all the other people that seem to lose all semblance of decency. The number of fully grown adults that you see throwing temper tantrums that would put a 5 year old to shame is just ridiculous.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I agree. People always looked at me crazy when I'd drive home for the holidays for work (if I had the entire week off). I'd rather spend 15 hours driving then deal with flying.

Half the time it's not the airlines that make things miserable it's all the other people that seem to lose all semblance of decency. The number of fully grown adults that you see throwing temper tantrums that would put a 5 year old to shame is just ridiculous.

Agree that the baggage thing is really messed up. I get around the fees because 90% I'm on Delta and the Amex card gets me free luggage check. It is bad on domestics flights where peeps are jamming too large a bags into planes that don't have that kind of storage space. Seems even on Delta each time I fly there is less included. Would opt for a few extra bucks to get Comfort+ for a little mo' room but last year even that had changed to a whole bunch of levels hard to decipher. At least the toilet use is still include without extra fees.

Just got an email that my TSA Pre-check is expiring. Seems like I just got it but it was five years ago.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Agree that the baggage thing is really messed up. I get around the fees because 90% I'm on Delta and the Amex card gets me free luggage check. It is bad on domestics flights where peeps are jamming too large a bags into planes that don't have that kind of storage space. Seems even on Delta each time I fly there is less included. Would opt for a few extra bucks to get Comfort+ for a little mo' room but last year even that had changed to a whole bunch of levels hard to decipher. At least the toilet use is still include without extra fees.

Just got an email that my TSA Pre-check is expiring. Seems like I just got it but it was five years ago.
What does TSA Pre-check consist of? Full background checks and a body cavity search? I will do the first but she better be hot for me to allow the latter.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
What does TSA Pre-check consist of? Full background checks and a body cavity search? I will do the first but she better be hot for me to allow the latter.
Well, it does require some of your digits - 10 of them to be exact.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
By golly a pretty good day at work and Sundays usually go ok, so I with some luck this should be a pretty good work weekend.
I think this is just the third Saturday night of 2021 that I haven't had to deal with work. Hopefully some idiot doesn't figure out a way to screw that up.

Reactions: SaraV and NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I feel like the airlines have caused a lot of it. They cram you into smaller and smaller spaces. If you have to check a bag you do a self check-in and then have to go up to the counter anyway. One time I did a self check-in and they wouldn't take my bag because the label never printed. I showed her the receipt and she still argued that the label never printed so I was out of luck. Finally she begrudgingly went to the terminal and manually printed the label.

• Dumb
Reactions: VeloClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Makes me proud to see someone who gets that.
I design things that way every semester, explain exactly how that works, and it's not common for someone to make (or take) the connection.
Nice job!

I do what I can. Hopefully it helps as much as I am counting on it to.

Reactions: Entropy

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
My 5 year old daughter’s soccer game was this afternoon. The opposing team had a boy with an epic mullet
You see some pretty good haircuts on kids. The mullet is definitely more popular than you would think

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
You see some pretty good haircuts on kids. The mullet is definitely more popular than you would think

When I got my haircut last week (that's a whole other story...first time in 8 years that someone other than MrsWx has cut it) and there was a kid getting one. They even offered to give him a perm with it.

Reactions: do4CY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
For those that are curious about vaccine effects, the second Pfizer one is getting me pretty good about 24 hours afterwards.

First shot was a walk in the park. Little sore at the injection site, but I've hit my shin on stuff and been worse off.

Got my second shot yesterday (Friday) afternoon and felt good up until about noon today (Was actually really productive around my apartment this AM). Since noon I've been tired, had a bit of a headache and am currently running a 101.5 fever. We'll see how it goes tonight and tomorrow.

Still worth it though.
My reaction was pretty similar if muted a bit more. I had the J & J shot at about noon on Friday. Felt great until about noon on Saturday. At that point, I became pretty tired and felt like I had a bit of a fever. I was pretty much better by 8 pm.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I feel like the airlines have caused a lot of it. They cram you into smaller and smaller spaces. If you have to check a bag you do a self check-in and then have to go up to the counter anyway. One time I did a self check-in and they wouldn't take my bag because the label never printed. I showed her the receipt and she still argued that the label never printed so I was out of luck. Finally she begrudgingly went to the terminal and manually printed the label.
One of the best things to happen to the Twin Cites airport was when Delta bought Northwest. Delta is so much better of an airline than Northwest was. They are way easier to deal with and, generally, a lot more friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron