Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Just watched the presser from today and Randy’s question on the status of the program, speaking to Jamie, etc. It was just awkward to see CSP try to answer that, something clearly isn’t right.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I haven’t watched TJs teams play. Do they rebound at an efficient level and does the offense look smooth? If so that’s a plus. It would be nice if they got after it defensively as well. Also do the kids play hard?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Uh... we lost 20 games last year in a historically bad year, and we are significantly worse this season. Please don’t act like ISU fans are being unreasonable in wanting a change.
I'm just tired of the narrative. It's fine to want him gone but not everything must be qualified with a Prohm undercut. Not necessarily accusing you personally, I just think it's more than obvious he's going to be parting ways. I would be shocked if he's retained.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just watched the presser from today and Randy’s question on the status of the program, speaking to Jamie, etc. It was just awkward to see CSP try to answer that, something clearly isn’t right.

Well, of course that is going to be awkward. Steve's no idiot. He knows being 0-13 or whatever isn't good. He knows that. What's he supposed to say---"I'm getting fired"? I thought he answered it fine.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I'm just tired of the narrative. It's fine to want him gone but not everything must be qualified with a Prohm undercut. Not necessarily accusing you personally, I just think it's more than obvious he's going to be parting ways. I would be shocked if he's retained.

That’s cool man, but I don’t really understand your first post. The ISU fan base has been better to Prohm than the vast majority of fan bases would be given the same set of circumstances. He certainly has not gotten a raw deal here, just the opposite.

I will say that I had the same thought. Looking at next years lineup, squinting at it just right, and I could see enough talent for a decent season. Then unfortunately I realized that assessment was based on having a well coached team and there has been nothing to indicate he could lead that team to success. That isn’t trashing Prohm... thats just acknowledging reality and stating the painful truth.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Anybody have video from this?
2nd half of video

Reactions: mynameisjonas

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Well, of course that is going to be awkward. Steve's no idiot. He knows being 0-13 or whatever isn't good. He knows that. What's he supposed to say---"I'm getting fired"? I thought he answered it fine.

I'll agree. There's really no reason to ask questions like that in a press conference.
Everyone paying attention knows the record. Coach can't really say anything, and anything he says is wrong.

Reactions: jkbuff98

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That’s cool man, but I don’t really understand your first post. The ISU fan base has been better to Prohm than the vast majority of fan bases would be given the same set of circumstances. He certainly has not gotten a raw deal here, just the opposite.

I will say that I had the same thought. Looking at next years lineup, squinting at it just right, and I could see enough talent for a decent season. Then unfortunately I realized that assessment was based on having a well coached team and there has been nothing to indicate he could lead that team to success. That isn’t trashing Prohm... thats just acknowledging reality and stating the painful truth.
My original post was simply talking about next year's line up, I never mentioned having Prohm. Which is what is annoying.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'll agree. There's really no reason to ask questions like that in a press conference.
Everyone paying attention knows the record. Coach can't really say anything, and anything he says is wrong.

And he's a good guy who I'm sure wants his team to win (even if he knows it can't save his job), so coming out and saying everything is lost just screws with those guys.

I'm surprised more people on here don't understand that sometimes you just have to stick it out in a really ****** situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy and NWICY

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011

That was uncomfortable. You can always count on Randy P to ask the tough questions

Last edited:

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

Half the posters on here would have nothing to post about if they couldn't complain about Steve. I mean absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately, unless the next coach is somehow able to put the Clones in the top 25 next year, we are going to keep hearing it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Prohms being here dictates what next year's roster looks like.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Half the posters on here would have nothing to post about if they couldn't complain about Steve. I mean absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately, unless the next coach is somehow able to put the Clones in the top 25 next year, we are going to keep hearing it.
Well, going into every game with a 90ish % chance to lose and currently havong only 2 wins kind of takes away from discussing the actual matchup. There seems to be little point in talking about how we are going to stop the other teams best player, or how our offense will handle their defense when the short answer is we won't, and havent all year. Its basically the off season.

Help Support Us

Become a patron