Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree. I think we may even get tickets since two will be down there now. We would go with the cheap ones so when we missed games, no biggee.

There are some hardcore Prohm haters. Theyappear to only be happy if JP would basically take Steve to center court of the next home game at halftime and shoot him in the back of the head. Several of the people are the type that would be throwing junk at him at the funeral. I don’t understand how you can hate someone that much, especially someone you don’t even really know.
Fixed for accuracy. I agree with you. The hate is ridiculous.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well crap, they came close several times but just couldn't pull it off.

I'm sorry guys, the Wisconsin badgers let you all down

Bucky simply doesn't look very good right now.

What happened with Reuvers? Hurt? I haven't kept up. And Micah is still productive but something's off there too.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I agree. I think we may even get tickets since two will be down there now. We would go with the cheap ones so when we missed games, no biggee.

There are some hardcore Prohm haters. Theyappear to only be happy if JP would basically take Steve to center court of the next home game at halftime and tell him he sucks and that he is fired. Several of the people are the type that would be throwing junk at him as he left then. I don’t understand how you can hate someone that much, especially someone you don’t even really know.

Biggest thing is it has no impact on your day to day life. Dont get me wrong, I hate losing more than just about anyone, but BB, and FB, dont really impact my life.

Prohm is also a great guy, really hard to hate him. Now, if Fran was our coach and was having these results, by all means treat him like this.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

There are some hardcore Prohm haters. Theyappear to only be happy if JP would basically take Steve to center court of the next home game at halftime and tell him he sucks and that he is fired. Several of the people are the type that would be throwing junk at him as he left then. I don’t understand how you can hate someone that much, especially someone you don’t even really know.

It would be one thing if he's someone who himself is saying or doing hateful things or something but he's just a basketball coach at a school that's been pretty good at basketball in the big picture of college basketball.

That last part is something some fans don't seem to understand.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Well I became unpopular in the Prohm must go thread when I said no matter who the coach is we'll sell 9-10,000 season tickets. If people look at our season ticket #'s the fact is we sell those yr in and yr out no matter what. The WBB team sells just under 10,000 every yr even though actual attendance for most games is 5-7000 I'm guessing. Those folks just don't realize the long term season ticket people just look at it as a donation to ISU with hopefully some entertainment value thrown in. It wasn't worth arguing with them about though.

Well thanks for letting me vent as always RTT peeps.

@SaraV did the car thaw out yet?

A couple thoughts:
1. I've never met anyone who considered it a donation. Everyone I've met calls it a purchase and nothing more.
2. There were reports of massive drops during the McD years. People just aren't going to keep buying tickets for this level of play.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Biggest thing is it has no impact on your day to day life. Dont get me wrong, I hate losing more than just about anyone, but BB, and FB, dont really impact my life.

Prohm is also a great guy, really hard to hate him. Now, if Fran was our coach and was having these results, by all means treat him like this.
You know this has got to be hard on him. It's not like he thinks the team play is acceptable. Not sure what has gone so wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Daughter drove all alone for the first time this morning. She got up before dawn and drove to Han's Bakery to get our birthday boy a giant birthday donut.

:D :(:eek:

Drove by myself for the first time the same day I got my license. And it was to somewhere a good 5+ miles away. My parents were trusting.

And @NWICY , it isn't looking all that great for the car. It was in all day yesterday, and they still couldn't figure out why it won't start. 2004 Blazer with 285K+ on it...it's certainly put in its work.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Huh. WP sent out a dress code reminder today because "there are several new members of the team."

They disapprove of clothing with another school's logo. My ISU jacket has been noted before (on day 1).
I guess they should provide something or pay better.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
A couple thoughts:
1. I've never met anyone who considered it a donation. Everyone I've met calls it a purchase and nothing more.
2. There were reports of massive drops during the McD years. People just aren't going to keep buying tickets for this level of play.

Well I guess we will just disagree on this one.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Finally caught back up. Born Catholic -- Holy Thursday. Married a Lutheran -- She is where I first heard Maundy Thursday.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Drove by myself for the first time the same day I got my license. And it was to somewhere a good 5+ miles away. My parents were trusting.

And @NWICY , it isn't looking all that great for the car. It was in all day yesterday, and they still couldn't figure out why it won't start. 2004 Blazer with 285K+ on it...it's certainly put in its work.
Mrs. Velo was nervous about it since it was before dawn, she was driving 15-20 miles round trip, and due to the temperature we weren't sure if there might be icy patches out there. I guess I was less nervous because I have been doing most of the driving with her and I know she is a good driver for a rookie. I think it made Mom feel a little better knowing that she was going to pick up her friend on the way so she wouldn't be going into/out of the bakery alone.

Reactions: NWICY

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Had to bring my car back in. Went to leave work, backed up out of my spot, put it in drive, didn't move. Transmission is low on fluid. Luckily we had the right fluid at work, put about 6 quarts in. Manual says it holds 11. I've never noticed any red spots under my car at home or work so I'm not so sure it's a leak. It's under warranty so the most I'll pay is $100.

Oh and I'm team Lutheran.
I'm going to assume it doesn't smell like the fluid is burning up (roasted transmission is a terrible smell).

That's quite the conundrum on where it's ending up at. I wonder if there is any spatter on the underbelly of the car. Weak seal under load?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah...old girls get a bit of a hitch in their git-along during weather extremes... ;)

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: SaraV and VeloClone

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I'm going to assume it doesn't smell like the fluid is burning up (roasted transmission is a terrible smell).

That's quite the conundrum on where it's ending up at. I wonder if there is any spatter on the underbelly of the car. Weak seal under load?
Nope. Hopefully they're looking at it now and it's nothing major. It's a 3 year old car and I've only had it since July.

• Friendly
Reactions: Entropy and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.