Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Thanks for this - I forgot about it with all the other stuff coming my way today.
I am watching images from Mars via Perseverance. Pretty darn cool! And I love the captioning.

Reactions: Entropy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I did smile when I read the language in the property and facilities committee #3 in the executive summary for the bridge project:
The project budget of $10,000,000 would be funded by through the generous support of Private Giving.
I almost wanted to ask if Private Giving had a first name.
I want to know if Private giving has a daughter. Don't care if she is hot, just has to be 18+, preferrable 35+

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Had to bring my car back in. Went to leave work, backed up out of my spot, put it in drive, didn't move. Transmission is low on fluid. Luckily we had the right fluid at work, put about 6 quarts in. Manual says it holds 11. I've never noticed any red spots under my car at home or work so I'm not so sure it's a leak. It's under warranty so the most I'll pay is $100.

Oh and I'm team Lutheran.

• Winner
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I did smile when I read the language in the property and facilities committee #3 in the executive summary for the bridge project:
The project budget of $10,000,000 would be funded by through the generous support of Private Giving.
I almost wanted to ask if Private Giving had a first name.

"....funded by through....."????????? What kind of grammar is that?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Had to bring my car back in. Went to leave work, backed up out of my spot, put it in drive, didn't move. Transmission is low on fluid. Luckily we had the right fluid at work, put about 6 quarts in. Manual says it holds 11. I've never noticed any red spots under my car at home or work so I'm not so sure it's a leak. It's under warranty so the most I'll pay is $100.

Oh and I'm team Lutheran.

Winner was for your team affiliation, not your car headaches. And I had no idea a tranny holds that much fluid. Sounds like my Uncle Harry on a Saturday night.....11 quarts of beer would have been about right. :rolleyes:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
"....funded by through....."????????? What kind of grammar is that?
Seems that would have come from Athletics. More than occasionally I am bothered by incorrect grammar and sentence construction in communications received from there.

Reactions: SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Decided that my 6 week or so beard was good enough, so I'm slowly cleaning if up. Clippers to clean it up to a goatee. Then razor that down. feels better, but the full beard looks better.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, have been seriously debating calling it a career on the part time job. Found out tonight that the owner (boss) had a heart attack. Not sure of his condition, but I think I’m staying quiet right now and putting in more time.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well crap, they came close several times but just couldn't pull it off.

I'm sorry guys, the Wisconsin badgers let you all down

I was hoping Bucky would get them, but unluckily Iowa is actually pretty good this yr. I'm still hoping for a early exit in the Tourney.

• Agree
Reactions: WooBadger18

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well made up a batch of tapioca for dessert for lunch tomorrow, it's really easy to make just have to keep stirring it so it doesn't scorch. Then decided to make up some pudding because I haven't had any for awhile.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well I became unpopular in the Prohm must go thread when I said no matter who the coach is we'll sell 9-10,000 season tickets. If people look at our season ticket #'s the fact is we sell those yr in and yr out no matter what. The WBB team sells just under 10,000 every yr even though actual attendance for most games is 5-7000 I'm guessing. Those folks just don't realize the long term season ticket people just look at it as a donation to ISU with hopefully some entertainment value thrown in. It wasn't worth arguing with them about though.

Well thanks for letting me vent as always RTT peeps.

@SaraV did the car thaw out yet?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Was checking out the BB schedule for this weekend the men get the deuce so I'll see them as long as work goes well. It'll be the tune in app to catch the women's game. My internets aren't good enough for live streaming. I was buffering on a 9 person zoom meeting today.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well I became unpopular in the Prohm must go thread when I said no matter who the coach is we'll sell 9-10,000 season tickets. If people look at our season ticket #'s the fact is we sell those yr in and yr out no matter what. The WBB team sells just under 10,000 every yr even though actual attendance for most games is 5-7000 I'm guessing. Those folks just don't realize the long term season ticket people just look at it as a donation to ISU with hopefully some entertainment value thrown in. It wasn't worth arguing with them about though.

Well thanks for letting me vent as always RTT peeps.

@SaraV did the car thaw out yet?
I agree. I think we may even get tickets since two will be down there now. We would go with the cheap ones so when we missed games, no biggee.

There are some hardcore Prohm haters. Theyappear to only be happy if JP would basically take Steve to center court of the next home game at halftime and tell him he sucks and that he is fired. Several of the people are the type that would be throwing junk at him as he left then. I don’t understand how you can hate someone that much, especially someone you don’t even really know.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.