Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Huh. WP sent out a dress code reminder today because "there are several new members of the team."

They disapprove of clothing with another school's logo. My ISU jacket has been noted before (on day 1).
I guess they should provide something or pay better.

Where was that in the agreement/contract?

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So mechanic just called back...

I'll admit, we're terrible at having normal maintenance done on vehicles besides oil changes...but...

She had her original spark plugs and wires!
Holy. Crap.
She should be ready around noon.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I'll admit, we're terrible at having normal maintenance done on vehicles besides oil changes...but...

Holy. Crap.
Glad that it has been discovered and it is something reasonably inexpensive. You should be good to go for another 250K or so. :D

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Holy. Crap.

Let this be a lesson for you, young lady. Or words to that effect. ;) Seriously, that's good news and even more so because this is Friday and I saw the sun for a brief moment. Better days ahead!

Reactions: SaraV

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Holy. Crap.
Could have been a lot worse. Nice to be at least a semi reasonable cost.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Holy. Crap.

Just had the 2nd set put in my truck. about $360 if I remember right. Luckily mine was still running when it went in, so I didn't have a lot of extra diagnostic costs. Hope it is up and doing good soon for you!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Holy. Crap.
Oh, wow...you should have seen the side-eye you got from Lew when I read this to him...
:D:D:D

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I was hoping Bucky would get them, but unluckily Iowa is actually pretty good this yr. I'm still hoping for a early exit in the Tourney.

With a family member with brain cancer who is a big Hawk fan I am hoping they make the Final Four.

Haven't wished good will for them since we started playing each year. When I was at ISU we didn't play them at all. In March 1970 the Dana House den was full of peeps watching the Hawks play and don't think anyone was cheering against them. Different times for sure.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Daughter drove all alone for the first time this morning. She got up before dawn and drove to Han's Bakery to get our birthday boy a giant birthday donut.

:D :(:eek:

Rhode with my childhood buddy the first time he got to drive alone. 1964 Pontiac Bonneville. Wrecked it. Got spiked in the left rear quarter panel in an intersection by another teen driver who was driving crazy fast. Buddy was also going too fast and ignored the yield sign. Car did a full 360 spin and ended up against the curb. DND.

Still remember buddy staring ahead in shock with his hands on the steering wheel in a death grip after the car came to a halt. And, being a sixteen year old, my first comforting words to him were "Well, there goes your drivers license." :rolleyes:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Rhode with my childhood buddy the first time he got to drive alone. 1964 Pontiac Bonneville. Wrecked it. Got spiked in the left rear quarter panel in an intersection by another teen driver who was driving crazy fast. Buddy was also going too fast and ignored the yield sign. Car did a full 360 spin and ended up against the curb. DND.

Still remember buddy staring ahead in shock with his hands on the steering wheel in a death grip after the car came to a halt. And, being a sixteen year old, my first comforting words to him were "Well, there goes your drivers license." :rolleyes:
Not laughing at your experience, but your words of comfort are gold!

1613756393973.png

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
With a family member with brain cancer who is a big Hawk fan I am hoping they make the Final Four.

Haven't wished good will for them since we started playing each year. When I was at ISU we didn't play them at all. In March 1970 the Dana House den was full of peeps watching the Hawks play and don't think anyone was cheering against them. Different times for sure.

Yep in the 70's I can remember cheering for Iowa MBB. No college affiliations in my family at all back then. Then once I went to ISU that went out the window.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Well I can tell they at least drove it around, Ford app tells me location, fuel range, mileage, and tire pressure. Fuel range went down a little since last night.

Car problems must be contagious. Boss's son and son's wife both have their cars in the shop too.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just glanced at post #10 in the "The State of Twister Sisters..." thread in the WBB forum , but was stopped by the bolded second paragraph. Now I'm wondering if the poster made his thoughts known in any of the CSP-dominated threads. On the other hand, he/she sounds pretty defensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron