Mangino tweet

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I would be shocked if he lands another job anywhere other than some small school program after how he went down in flames with this job and the KU job. If part of Rhoads firing him had to do with some of the same player abuse issues he had at KU plus the way he handled himself on social media it's going to be hard for someone to believe that he's a respectful person and someone they want representing their school. Plus throw in the fact that surely no one associated with ISU is going to do him any favors and give a good recommendation or reference on his behalf when someone calls to talk about considering him for a job. This is a prime example why you never trash former employers and burn bridges on your way out the door because that stuff always comes back to haunt you some day.

Either that or he gets another decent job and is successful. Neither would surprise me.

Juice

Nov 12, 2015
Mangino has a fine family. He's not the type to act like that. I don't care where your source came from, I call it the worst kind of gossip. Stoops and Snyder would never have put up with it on their staffs. Ruining a man's reputation is uncalled-for bullshiz.

maginos.jpg

I'm not bringing his family into it. Not once did I say anything about them. Mangino dug his own grave, and like I said, had I not heard it from who I heard it from I wouldn't have believed it either. I'm sure Sandusky had a fine family too. I'm sure there's hundreds or thousands of other examples of people who have fine families, but are actually pretty f'ed up individuals. Mangino ruined his own reputation by doing stupid things. No one here can even come close to doing the kind of damage he's done to himself.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
whats being an unstable *** have to do with a fine family?

By all accounts tommy did a nice job while he was here. But tommy's dad is such an ******* that he relished his kid getting fired.

Typically, people running around butt naked are not heading stable families. I'd think this would be rather self-evident.

Juice

Nov 12, 2015
I would be shocked if he lands another job anywhere other than some small school program after how he went down in flames with this job and the KU job. If part of Rhoads firing him had to do with some of the same player abuse issues he had at KU plus the way he handled himself on social media it's going to be hard for someone to believe that he's a respectful person and someone they want representing their school. Plus throw in the fact that surely no one associated with ISU is going to do him any favors and give a good recommendation or reference on his behalf when someone calls to talk about considering him for a job. This is a prime example why you never trash former employers and burn bridges on your way out the door because that stuff always comes back to haunt you some day.

Nah honestly I don't think Mangino cares about finding another job. Seems to me like he came to ISU to collect a nice paycheck for a couple years and then retire on a nice sum of money that he's made throughout his career. Can't blame him. He doesn't need to coach anymore. Maybe he can get a job at a high school level if he's just looking for that football camaraderie. Less stress and a more enjoyable job. He shouldn't need anymore money.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I hate to do it...

eustachy_kissing.jpg

It's funny you bring this up. I remember pictures of Larry at that party being circulated on sports message boards MONTHS before the story broke. No one believed them and thought they were photo shopped. That's how much faith people put in what they see on sports message boards.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Typically, people running around butt naked are not heading stable families. I'd think this would be rather self-evident.

typically, people with fine families don't go around expressing joy about players they should care about failing and their son getting fired, but good old mark did that. So I think it should be rather self/evident that he has s screw loose.

Apr 19, 2006

AH crap, I hope my family doesn't read this! :unsure:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Mangino has a fine family. He's not the type to act like that. I don't care where your source came from, I call it the worst kind of gossip. Stoops and Snyder would never have put up with it on their staffs. Ruining a man's reputation is uncalled-for bullshiz.

maginos.jpg

Is he posing with his dinner?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
His character flaws were well known back when he was hired. They were widely discussed by many on here, and the overwhelming response by Cyclone fans was to act like it wasn't a big deal and he was a changed man. Let's try to use that as an example in the future ladies and gents. Some things are obvious to the naked eye and there's no need to sugar coat them.

I've heard stories about Mangino that are far worse than what have been shared on here. There's not any need to share them. I'm just saying that to make a point. The guy was and always has been a bad egg. It's pretty hard to change someone's personality at his age.

I wouldn't have believed it either, but the source I heard it from was not a fan. Hence the reason I won't divulge that info.

Yes, because if you reveal what your source said, your handle pretty much gives you away.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
It's funny you bring this up. I remember pictures of Larry at that party being circulated on sports message boards MONTHS before the story broke. No one believed them and thought they were photo shopped. That's how much faith people put in what they see on sports message boards.

I'm certainly no insider, but I knew of a couple of Larry's shenanigans well before those pictures broke all hell loose. Even got to be a little part of said shenanigans in Kansas City in 2001. Good times. :smile: (no, not like that...get your mind out of the gutter)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Some of the **** Mangino did were far more damaging to the teams performance than what Larry did. Neither were right, but I'll take the partier.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'm certainly no insider, but I knew of a couple of Larry's shenanigans well before those pictures broke all hell loose. Even got to be a little part of said shenanigans in Kansas City in 2001. Good times. :smile: (no, not like that...get your mind out of the gutter)

If you went to Iowa State during the Larry era, you had to have been a shut in to not have seen and/or heard Larry's shenanigans.

He was a Wallabees legend.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m half surprised he’s still alive and hasn’t had a heart attack.