Mangino tweet

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
I'll give you one... This one occurred prior to his ISU tenure.

The refs always meet with the coaches prior to the game inside the locker rooms. Mangino used to think it was funny to strip butt naked in his office prior to the refs walking in so when they did there he was in all his glory.

The guy has some screws loose. The rest of the stories I've heard were mostly examples of his temper.

Can't . . . un-see.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Stories like these are most likely fan fantasies from Lawrence. The butt naked thing is beyond the pale. I don't believe it. He has a fierce temper, that's the major issue.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Stories like these are most likely fan fantasies from Lawrence. The butt naked thing is beyond the pale. I don't believe it. He has a fierce temper, that's the major issue.

I agree that is probably the root of the issue.

Juice

Nov 12, 2015

I wouldn't have believed it either, but the source I heard it from was not a fan. Hence the reason I won't divulge that info.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Did you make that or is there a generator out there like the "buzz your girlfriend" one.

Just stumbled across it when looking for another gif. It looks like it was done with the same generator as the "Buzz your girlfriend" one. That one is pretty awesome as well. lol

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I wouldn't have believed it either, but the source I heard it from was not a fan. Hence the reason I won't divulge that info.

Mangino has a fine family. He's not the type to act like that. I don't care where your source came from, I call it the worst kind of gossip. Stoops and Snyder would never have put up with it on their staffs. Ruining a man's reputation is uncalled-for bullshiz.

maginos.jpg

Last edited:

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I forgot about this thread. Went back a few pages. Saw a bunch of no name posters who don't like me. Laughed. My work here is done.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Mangino has a fine family. He's not the type to act like that. I don't care where your source came from, I call it the worst kind of gossip. Stoops and Snyder would never have put up with it on their staffs. Ruining a man's reputation is uncalled-for bullshiz.

maginos.jpg

whats being an unstable *** have to do with a fine family?

By all accounts tommy did a nice job while he was here. But tommy's dad is such an ******* that he relished his kid getting fired.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I'll give you one... This one occurred prior to his ISU tenure.

The refs always meet with the coaches prior to the game inside the locker rooms. Mangino used to think it was funny to strip butt naked in his office prior to the refs walking in so when they did there he was in all his glory.

The guy has some screws loose. The rest of the stories I've heard were mostly examples of his temper.

[video=youtube;vn_PSJsl0LQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ[/video]

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

maginos.jpg

Yeah you're right. He doesn't need any help in this, he does just fine ruining it on his own.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

maginos.jpg

Taking pot shots at kids he recruited or coached who worked their butts off for him makes him not a good person, coach etc.. his biggest problem isn't his temper, its his ego. His family might be nice but he's an egotistical jerk who put himself above what was best for ISU. Maybe hes different in his personal life but I can't remember a more unprofessional coach that we've had at ISU.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Roundabout shot at Chizik? If so, I like it.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Ruining a man's reputation is uncalled-for bullshiz.

Lol...you need to get a grip if you think anything said here has enough legitimacy to "ruin" someone's reputation. Mangino's done enough to ruin his own reputation. Nothing said by a bunch of jackasses on a sports message board is going to matter.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Taking pot shots at kids he recruited or coached who worked their butts off for him makes him not a good person, coach etc.. his biggest problem isn't his temper, its his ego. His family might be nice but he's an egotistical jerk who put himself above what was best for ISU. Maybe hes different in his personal life but I can't remember a more unprofessional coach that we've had at ISU.

Randy Brown.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Throwback Thursday...

attachment.php

Attachments

• kansanheadline.jpg
    kansanheadline.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 1,093

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Mark has a nasty disposition. It's a character flaw that's been revealed over and over again. But not sure where he ends up after this little sortie. And it's too bad because the dude has shown the ability to coach them up. Anyone who can win at Ku has my respect.

I would be shocked if he lands another job anywhere other than some small school program after how he went down in flames with this job and the KU job. If part of Rhoads firing him had to do with some of the same player abuse issues he had at KU plus the way he handled himself on social media it's going to be hard for someone to believe that he's a respectful person and someone they want representing their school. Plus throw in the fact that surely no one associated with ISU is going to do him any favors and give a good recommendation or reference on his behalf when someone calls to talk about considering him for a job. This is a prime example why you never trash former employers and burn bridges on your way out the door because that stuff always comes back to haunt you some day.

Help Support Us

Become a patron