DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Steve's Spring

a-swing-and-a-miss-inspection-100-38220656.png

Reactions: isutrevman

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
There is nothing normal about this spring recruiting season. And there's nothing in our favor- other than carton being from iowa, we have zero geographic ties to anyone. And our assistants just don't have the right connections for the right kids.

All of our FL and southern connections don't do us much good for kids from detroit and NJ.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's almost like being in the bottom of the Big 12 2 out of the last 3 years is causing us to be viewed as a bottom of the Big 12 program. Weird how that works...

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Cincy consistently has good coaching.
Cincy consistently wins.
We have Prohm.

It sucks, but it's really not a tough one.

Brannen is very much a mid-major coach trying to convince a fanbase that he can continue to win at the rate of Huggs and Cronin. Nothing about his first year was exceptional and the fanbase believes he underachieved with the talent.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
There is nothing normal about this spring recruiting season. And there's nothing in our favor- other than carton being from iowa, we have zero geographic ties to anyone. And our assistants just don't have the right connections for the right kids.

All of our FL and southern connections don't do us much good for kids from detroit and NJ.

Plenty of kids from the South transferring as well. We aren’t on those lists either.

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
I'm still unsure why everyone thinks DD will make such a large impact. For a PG, he shoots at a very low %. We need guys who can make baskets, not throw up bricks!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm still unsure why everyone thinks DD will make such a large impact. For a PG, he shoots at a very low %. We need guys who can make baskets, not throw up bricks!
Well he's likely not coming here so there you go.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Cincinnati is starting to feel really good about their chance according to their "experts". We aren't done. Still pushing, and not sure what changed since yesterday. I went from 90% confident to 50%. Cincinnati doesn't make a lot of since to me from what I heard yesterday.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Cincy consistently has good coaching.
Cincy consistently wins.
We have Prohm.

It sucks, but it's really not a tough one.

It would also fit in somewhat with the 'staying closer to home' thing we've seen. Its the closest of his transfer finalists.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I can't blame him. I would go somewhere that I'm confident my coach would be there for my tenure. Maybe that's just me.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It would also fit in somewhat with the 'staying closer to home' thing we've seen. Its the closest of his transfer finalists.
Cincy is an under 4 hour drive to Detroit, while Ames is just under 9 hours. Not saying that's the sole reason, but it's not shocking that during these times, proximity is taken heavily into consideration.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not being able to get kids on campus makes Iowa State a pretty dang tough sell. This is worst case scenario for CSP.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Well we aren't winning, have open playing time, let whomever jack up shots and dont play defense. So what exactly is he looking for?
A lot of schools can claim all those things you described. I don't know what he's looking for, he's a 20 year old kid. Every players looks for different things. Maybe he has relatives in Cincinnatti, maybe he knows someone that played there once, maybe he knows the coach through a mutual aquaintance, maybe he had a good phone conversation with the coach recently. There are 100 different reasons why he might choose Cincinnati over Iowa State.