***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yep. Texas Tech probably played at the exact same pace as we do. Mooney was a far better player than Nixon or Jackson. Sure he made 21 3’s but he also shot 35% in the conference and 38% overall. Compared to Tre who shot 33% for the year and Nixon who shot 26%.
He was a better rebounder and defender compared to either of those guys.
Mooney wasn’t a savior but he still was the 3rd best player on the 2nd best team in the country......but he wouldn’t have been able to play on our team.....23-12 and 9-9. Okay.

He was a tough as nails guy on a team that already was ahead on the toughness curve.

He made them better with his attitude as well as his game.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
Bolton In reality isn’t good. He’s just the only one that could jack shots up after Haliburton got injured. What did he average... 5-8 turnovers a game when Haliburton went down? Score 20 ,turn the ball over 7 times is not a good player when the opponents score 10 off of his mistakes. He’s literally a 7th man. I’ve said it all year. We have 5 open starting spots. These guys aren’t big 12 quality players. Prohm sees it... he just can’t reel anyone in. It’s to bad, he has coaches that are suppose to “recruit” but they can’t help develop or coach worth ****. Plus they can’t get anyone here LOL. S*IT SHOW.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Culver
Moretti
Owens
Mooney

He single-handedly beat Michigan State in the Final 4 game scoring 22. He scored 17 points against Gonzaga to get them to the Final 4. Are we really debating whether he would have benefited that team?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He single-handedly beat Michigan State in the Final 4 game scoring 22. He scored 17 points against Gonzaga to get them to the Final 4. Are we really debating whether he would have benefited that team?

You know what our roster was that year.

Assuming RS-junior Nixon is not there and an eligible Mooney is.

Who does he take minutes from...?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Bolton In reality isn’t good. He’s just the only one that could jack shots up after Haliburton got injured. What did he average... 5-8 turnovers a game when Haliburton went down? Score 20 ,turn the ball over 7 times is not a good player when the opponents score 10 off of his mistakes. He’s literally a 7th man. I’ve said it all year. We have 5 open starting spots. These guys aren’t big 12 quality players. Prohm sees it... he just can’t reel anyone in. It’s to bad, he has coaches that are suppose to “recruit” but they can’t help develop or coach worth ****. Plus they can’t get anyone here LOL. S*IT SHOW.
After Halliburton went down, Bolton averaged 12.7 points and 3.3 assists to 2.9 turnovers. So no he did not turn it over 5, 6, or 7 times a game like you're imagining he did.

I have not seen a single guy make a decision yet on where they're going, so don't say Prohm can't reel anyone in and don't say these guys aren't Big 12 caliber players when P5 schools all over the place are offering these guys.

Thank you for your input though.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
After Halliburton went down, Bolton averaged 12.7 points and 3.3 assists to 2.9 turnovers. So no he did not turn it over 5, 6, or 7 times a game like you're imagining he did.

I have not seen a single guy make a decision yet on where they're going, so don't say Prohm can't reel anyone in and don't say these guys aren't Big 12 caliber players when P5 schools all over the place are offering these guys.

Thank you for your input though.

Question and I don't know. When Bolton drives the lane and get's his shot blocked, which happens like 3 times a game. Do they count that as a missed shot or a turnover? I honestly don't know. Because if it's a blocked shot. That is why it seems like he had 6 to 7 turnovers a game in my book.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

This take is bad enough that I might have to bookmark it so I can dismiss any other basketball take you have.

Bolton had NO HELP offensively. None. Nothing to take the focus off of himself.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Question and I don't know. When Bolton drives the lane and get's his shot blocked, which happens like 3 times a game. Do they count that as a missed shot or a turnover? I honestly don't know. Because if it's a blocked shot. That is why it seems like he had 6 to 7 turnovers a game in my book.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
You know what our roster was that year.

Assuming RS-junior Nixon is not there and an eligible Mooney is.

Who does he take minutes from...?

He probably takes some minutes from
Babb, Wiggington, THT and Halliburton. Probably plays 25 minutes a game on that roster. His defense would have certainly been better than Wiggs and THT. His would have brought a better toughness than anyone on that list other than maybe Babb.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He probably takes some minutes from
Babb, Wiggington, THT and Halliburton. Probably plays 25 minutes a game on that roster. His defense would have certainly been better than Wiggs and THT. His would have brought a better toughness than anyone on that list other than maybe Babb.

"A little bit of everybody" is kind of a non-answer.

I would believe in the strength of your point more if you could give me something more definitive. I do not know if Mooney was a great individual defender, too.

Beard has a way of making everybody into a good defender. Bennett at UVA is the same way (see Marial Shayok, who I would not have called an outstanding individual defender at Iowa State). It is their system, not the individual players within it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not a turnover it's a missed shot. And yeah probably it seems like he's had more. He also didn't have really anyone else to kick it to on the wing besides Jackson. Think of driving to the lane, looking for at your options around the perimeter and you have Nixon, Grill, Lewis, and Griffin wanting you to pass it to them. Yeah, I'd choose to lay it up too, regardless of whether or not I'd get my shot blocked. Lol it probably was a higher percentage shot!

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Like most, would've loved to get Mooney. If we had, IMO, TH would not have started and might be back next year. To start the year, THT would have also been coming off the bench and been back this year. Starting lineup:
NWB
LW
Mooney
Shayok
Jacobsen

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Oh boy.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
bolton forced some shots. big deal. what was he supposed to do, kick it out to a guy to launch another brick from 3?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Considering donating to the site so I can rate this as dumb too

Reactions: WhoISthis