***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Like most, would've loved to get Mooney. If we had, IMO, TH would not have started and might be back next year. To start the year, THT would have also been coming off the bench and been back this year. Starting lineup:
NWB
LW
Mooney
Shayok
Jacobsen

Haliburton's points above replacement were twice that of Mooney's.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Bolton is really good but he's not an alpha....yet. He has stretches were he totally disappears, that was true before Tyrese went down. He's still just a soph though, plenty of time for him to prove he can be the man. Playing along side another good scorer who can stretch the floor would do wonders for his game. As great as Tyrese is, he's still a creator, pass first kind of PG, his offensive strengths were a little to similar to Rasir IMO. We're connected to a lot of names that would compliment Rasir really well, hopefully we can land a couple.

Reactions: Acylum

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Does anyone know anything about Gage?
He's a Meh for me. When he was going through Curie I was keeping an eye on him and wanted us to reach out a few points there during his senior year as he was lighting it up on the way to a state championship.

That being said, he's seemed to somewhat plateau at Depaul. He seemed to making average strides from Frosh-Junior year, then had a significant drop of in PT this past year. I know he was not playing for a portion of the year, and maybe just couldnt get it back going but, overall I thought he'd do more at Depaul.

I'd say he should be a fall-fall back option at most. personally.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What are the chances this is all for nothing bc the season gets cancelled next year?
It's tough to look at any sports being played considering the situation we're currently in. The next couple of months will provide a great landscape as to the potential of playing sports again and having fans in the stands. Our professionals are working on figuring this out. We'll get through this and will be back to sports at some time. Hopefully it's sooner than later but we have to be patient. I would say there's a much higher chance both football and basketball push their starting timeline back a couple of weeks than to completely cancel next year as a whole.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No offense to Cyclone fanatic but it seems like they are putting up articles of stuff we already know.
With how fluid this is, it'd be so hard to keep up with everyone we're targeting.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
May be a dumb question here but when is the last time we beat out Gonzaga for a transfer recruit? If they're involved I have no hope for winning that battle.

I would probably throw Oregon in that category too.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
May be a dumb question here but when is the last time we beat out Gonzaga for a transfer recruit? If they're involved I have no hope for winning that battle.

I don't really remember going up against them for that many. Maybe one last year? I remember going up against them for Grant Gibbs out of high school. Who have we tried to get that they were trying to get?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Bolton In reality isn’t good. ...

Bolton's game has some pretty big warts, but he also has a lot of ability.

IMO Bolton can be an All Big12 player if he works hard and changes his focus. He can be a great offensive player if he gets more consistent from 3 and becomes a better decision-maker when driving to the bucket.

Defense is his biggest wart and IMO that typically comes down to attitude and effort.

The ball is in Bolton's court- he can be elite or just another player.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't really remember going up against them for that many. Maybe one last year? I remember going up against them for Grant Gibbs out of high school. Who have we tried to get that they were trying to get?

We were in on Gilder last year, that's the only transfer I can think of but we also were beat out by them for Zach Norvell, Drew Timme and Jalen Suggs, all really good HS recruits. None of those were really cases where it was totally us vs them though.

Reactions: Drew0311