Peloton Ad

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I could have justified a Peloton in Iowa with how the winters play out. In Central OH the weather is just that little bit better that I don’t have those long layoffs of going outside or getting sick of gearing up to go ride in an Iowa winter. Of course I had the fattie in IA but that’s not the same as being able to go out and bust out 20 miles a day on dry pavement on the Crosscheck with minimal gear upgrades.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think the commercial should be about the husband buying this for the wife despite the wife not asking for it, and she feels like she's actually in pretty good shape.

Wife goes on her fitness journey.

Wife completes journey by getting divorced and marrying rich guy that's totally jacked.

Why is marketing so ****ing easy.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yep, I don't have 2 hrs to go to the gym. But 30 min in the basement each morning is doable.
Nothing is more expensive than time. Any home exercise equipment is great for stealing minutes, if not longer, for when going to the gym adds prohibitive time to the schedule. And in Peloton’s case, if one wants the group effect and extra motivation, it’s far cheaper than most spin classes, and about the same as a gym membership.

I wouldn’t consider one if I were still young and great workouts were easy to come by, as well as not needed.

If you’re one to enjoy going to those classes to see and be seen, it’s not for you.

If you’re unlikely to stick with indoor exercise no matter what, it’s a needlessly wasteful fat tax.

If you are just looking to burn calories and have a gym in the condo or down the street, I’d pass.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You're missing the part where the Peloton membership for classes is $39/mo as well. I'm pretty sure you can do a gym membership for substantially less than that cost alone, not even including the $2,300 bike.

If you or your family purchase a Peloton, I would like to know their name, phone number and address ~ because I have a bridge I would like to sell them.
Gym membership for substantially less than $39? If you find that let me know, because any gym I've seen is a hell of a lot more expensive than that, and that doesn't include a spin class.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I love mine, set a personal record again this morning. It is nice to just go downstairs, turn it on, hop on and have someone tell me what to do. If you decide to get one, I can give you a referral code that will give you $100 in accessories.
Pay me a monthly fee and I'll tell you what to do:

Pedal
Pedal faster
Keep pedaling
Pedal again
When in doubt, pedal
Knock knock. Who's there? Pedal. Pedal who? Pedal faster.
Stop

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Pretty wild it has been relegated to the basement next to his collection of Terracotta Chinese Soldiers and raw diamonds.

The commercials remind me of being a kid and the commercials on Saturday morning cartoons for different toys where the kids have these amazing setups for their action figures, or super cool things to crash their hot wheels cars through, or their dad dresses up like a referee to ref their match of their wrestling guys.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
The commercials remind me of being a kid and the commercials on Saturday morning cartoons for different toys where the kids have these amazing setups for their action figures, or super cool things to crash their hot wheels cars through, or their dad dresses up like a referee to ref their match of their wrestling guys.
My dad did dress up in his referee's outfit and do a match for my brother and me when we were playing with our WWF wrestlers in the wrestling ring.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Pay me a monthly fee and I'll tell you what to do:

Pedal
Pedal faster
Keep pedaling
Pedal again
When in doubt, pedal
Knock knock. Who's there? Pedal. Pedal who? Pedal faster.
Stop

I am picturing the South Park Shake Weight episode

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Actress in the video is not bad to watch... I have one, and really like it. I guess when I first saw the ad I assumed she asked for it for Xmas, because no husband would be stupid enough to buy exercise equipment for your wife without her asking for it.

You don't think "here you go, fatty" would go over well?