Peloton Ad

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Gym memberships just don't work for a lot of people. I'm one of them. I need a group fitness workout class, and in a lot of ways something like this appeals to me. I don't understand the mentality of caring how other people spend their money, especially if they are trying to improve their health or fitness.

No totally cool, I get why you would use them.....

Hey, I got this deal where we can both make a cool million dollars, but they need a downpayment first. Could you just like wire transfer me $5k for the downpayment and then I'll make sure we both get the million dollars? :D

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Gym membership for substantially less than $39? If you find that let me know, because any gym I've seen is a hell of a lot more expensive than that, and that doesn't include a spin class.

I think ours works out to 33 a person and that would include the spin classes.

• Informative
Reactions: NorthCyd

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think the commercial should be about the husband buying this for the wife despite the wife not asking for it, and she feels like she's actually in pretty good shape.

Wife goes on her fitness journey.

Wife completes journey by getting divorced and marrying rich guy that's totally jacked.

Why is marketing so ****ing easy.

This one beats the rejected version of husband getting wife a Peloton, she loses 20 pounds, starts gaining some more confidence, goes and buys herself a new wardrobe, starts hanging out with friends after work more often, eventually joins a Crossfit gym and leaves her husband for a fit 27 year old.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
This one beats the rejected version of husband getting wife a Peloton, she loses 20 pounds, starts gaining some more confidence, goes and buys herself a new wardrobe, starts hanging out with friends after work more often, eventually joins a Crossfit gym and leaves her husband for a fit 27 year old.

Definitely more realistic. But, you forgot the part about her documenting every minute of this story on social media and her ex husband becoming a loner alcoholic.

• Funny
Reactions: Peter

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Monthly fee drop triggered stock price drop

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/4/...scription-price-drop-apple-watch-fire-tv-apps

The ability to stream classes on TV is likely to help users who currently subscribe to Peloton’s digital membership, which now costs $12.99 a month compared to $39 a month to use with a Peloton bike or treadmill. (Previously, Peloton charged $19.49 a month for its digital-only subscription.) With the Fire TV app, users can use their own gym equipment with the classes or opt to see it on a larger screen. It’s also helpful for those who want to take Peloton’s off-equipment classes, like yoga, meditation, or strength training, without having to watch it from the screens on their bike or treadmill.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I mean the husband can ride it too, I have an Ironman friend who rides it some

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
f96.jpeg

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I love how everyone freaks out about a 2,500 peloton but no one bats an eye when someone gets a 72 month loan on a $40k SUV or buys a $2,000 road bike that only gets used 3 times a year (probably to a tap room). I wouldn’t buy one because it would probably go unused but it seems a little more entertaining than the $2,000 treadmill that now collects dust.