*** Official IOWA STATE VS Oregon State Game(Day) Thread ***

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Happy with the effort. But there were multiple correctable things that our coach was late to correct or didn’t correct at all. Nixon needed to be the one guarding Tinkle and it took a half to figure that out. Conditt was very good and for some reason sat for an ineffectual Young. Young given a crack at shooting at a critical juncture when a play needs to be in there for somebody who is not Solo.

Frustrating but more of the same for lacking in-game adjustments.

In game adjustments have been non existent in the Prohm era. But you're a sensible one so i dont have to tell you that

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Tough loss, but good effort out of a young team. Lots of room to improve.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Did people actually expect to win this game?

I guess so. Apparently losing ANY game is not good enough for some Cyclone fans. I'm disappointed, certainly, but to claim the rest of the reason is in shambles....nah.

• Dislike
Reactions: isufanz1

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Happy with the effort. But there were multiple correctable things that our coach was late to correct or didn’t correct at all. Nixon needed to be the one guarding Tinkle and it took a half to figure that out. Conditt was very good and for some reason sat for an ineffectual Young. Young given a crack at shooting at a critical juncture when a play needs to be in there for somebody who is not Solo.

Frustrating but more of the same for lacking in-game adjustments.

Totally agree with you. I do think Zion would have been our best bet against Tinkle. Can't believe Prohm didn't even give it a shot.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Have not read whole thread - where is OSU suppose to finish in the PAC12?

ESPN has them in the middle basically - which depending on how good the conference this year is could end up being a bubble team even (Washington beat Baylor last night - Washington was picked to finish 4th). Joe Lunardi has the Pac 12 as a 5 bid league right now

• Informative
Reactions: cygrads

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Disappointing loss, but it actually made me feel pretty good about this team. I think in the second half Haliburton found some assertiveness that he'll need moving forward. Definitely saw some good things from Conditt, Griffin, and Bolton. I understand some complaints about the matchup with Tinkle (I also think they should have put Griffin on him a bit), but I disagree with complaints about Young going in. Conditt had just allowed a couple of dunks to their post cause of miscommunication, that's why Young went in.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron