*** Official IOWA STATE VS Oregon State Game(Day) Thread ***

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Was at the game, just curious to those who watched if you could hear us or not. Seemed like a pretty good contingent and a good scattering of groups in attendance. Of course 2 of the "defense, defense" chants happened during the back to back total defensive breakdowns.

Also Tingle is very good. Did find it funny he made the "shush" motion on his first dagger 3, shouldn't have to shush the crowd at home there tiger.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Was at the game, just curious to those who watched if you could hear us or not. Seemed like a pretty good contingent and a good scattering of groups in attendance. Of course 2 of the "defense, defense" chants happened during the back to back total defensive breakdowns.

Also Tingle is very good. Did find it funny he made the "shush" motion on his first dagger 3, shouldn't have to shush the crowd at home there tiger.

I was at the game. Tingle was the difference in the game, especially down the stretch hitting those outside shots. Many of his shots were contested but against a shorter person. If Haliburton hits his free throws, could have been a different ending.

Overall, actually encouraged by the game. OSU's experience playing together was apparent as the players knew their roles while ISU is still learning. Nixon's shot selection was atrocious taking outside shots he could have gotten later in the shot clock. Bolton and Haliburton should have the ball at crunch time as they appear to be the only ones who can generate any offense.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Don't make it more confusing than it needs to be. If someone backs up their point with logical reasoning, it shouldn't be discredited. If someone wants to say the HC doesn't know what he's doing and makes terrible decisions without offering up anything of substance, it's trolling.

ok so nothing from Malone should ever be considered anything but trolling then? Got it

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I was at the game. Tingle was the difference in the game, especially down the stretch hitting those outside shots. Many of his shots were contested but against a shorter person. If Haliburton hits his free throws, could have been a different ending.

Overall, actually encouraged by the game. OSU's experience playing together was apparent as the players knew their roles while ISU is still learning. Nixon's shot selection was atrocious taking outside shots he could have gotten later in the shot clock. Bolton and Haliburton should have the ball at crunch time as they appear to be the only ones who can generate any offense.
Nice, felt like we had a significant portion of their 6k attendance. Problem is trying to have Jacobsen guard Tingle in the first half was a disaster. Worked much better having a quicker guy on him in the second half until those last 2 shots. :(
Agree on Bolton and Halliburton, couldn't believe we went to Solo in that situation. If our 2 bigs are going to be in and give up 3's, get outrebounded, and not score inside, welp..

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
After watching it, we looked like a team with decent parts and pieces but not a lot of cohesion yet. Defensive rotations were poor and offense was very streaky, but at times very fast and very fluid.

I want to believe we will improve as the season goes on with chemistry and consistency. It looks like raw talent isn't the main issue.[/QUOTE

Agreed, and we seemed to figure some things out in the second half, but just fell short, plus they made some crazy shots. TH realized he needs to take control and he did. I think we'll continue to see these guys improve.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think his college experience so far has pretty much established that he can’t score in an efficient way.
Right. On his good nights, he’s an asset. On his inefficient nights, I hope we give the bench a chance. A freshman will benefit from those minutes more than a 5th year senior.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Sorry if this was covered. I didn't read the whole thread but was this game actually on the radio? I was on the road and tried numerous stations that are normally reliable and I had nothing.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Sorry if this was covered. I didn't read the whole thread but was this game actually on the radio? I was on the road and tried numerous stations that are normally reliable and I had nothing.
It was on AM 420

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Just popping in to mention that Sidearm Sports streaming on cyclones.tv sucks and never did, as far as I know, manage to stream the audio from the game yesterday.

It remains a disgrace that eastern Iowa Cyclone fans have no reliable radio affiliate for Cyclone sports and the alternatives we're directed to are so useless.

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
Just popping in to mention that Sidearm Sports streaming on cyclones.tv sucks and never did, as far as I know, manage to stream the audio from the game yesterday.

It remains a disgrace that eastern Iowa Cyclone fans have no reliable radio affiliate for Cyclone sports and the alternatives we're directed to are so useless.
I am a bonefide computer dummy, but for $30 you can get a Roku Express, then add Cyclones TV and watch very good streaming of Cyclones TV

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron