*** Official IOWA STATE VS Oregon State Game(Day) Thread ***

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
These guys will battle. Just don’t know how good they’ll be.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Ended up missing the end because of the Pac 12 networks garbage site.

Frustrating loss, but not surprising. Guys still learning how to play together; made a nice effort to come back and take the lead, but too many mistakes down the stretch. Clean that up, and we might end up being a good team

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Very long way to go. Hope they can improve, but the non conference schedule is going to make it difficult

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't think this is a bad loss. We are still figuring roles out, and I think this helped us do that. Nixon needs to become more of a defensive stopper and less of an offensive guy. Haliburton needs to hunt his shot more. Conditt needs to be our rim runner and protector. These things are fixable and discoverable.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I don’t trust this team to score, they gotta figure out what their identity is gonna be before really moving forward.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Happy with the effort. But there were multiple correctable things that our coach was late to correct or didn’t correct at all. Nixon needed to be the one guarding Tinkle and it took a half to figure that out. Conditt was very good and for some reason sat for an ineffectual Young. Young given a crack at shooting at a critical juncture when a play needs to be in there for somebody who is not Solo.

Frustrating but more of the same for lacking in-game adjustments.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
I’m amazed and slightly pleased we were even able to make that a game. If this team can play like they did in a few spurts tonight, they can be alright.

Also those announcers were the worst.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't think this is a bad loss. We are still figuring roles out, and I think this helped us do that. Nixon needs to become more of a defensive stopper and less of an offensive guy. Haliburton needs to hunt his shot more. Conditt needs to be our rim runner and protector. These things are fixable and discoverable.

a true road loss is almost never a bad loss

Reactions: isucyfan