*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I really thought the OL was making some progress, but today they were not good for a lot of the game.

I thought the run game was there...Purdy likes to keep the RPO and the staff likes to not run it when the run has been there.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
How fitting.

Hey CMC and staff...... you need to develop a killer attitude from the opening kick off because you don't have it.

How can you score 0 pts thru 3 qtrs, and then score 21 in the 4th?? Explain that garbage.

Quit F'ing around all game and step on their throat from the opening kick. We were beating them in that 1st qtr pretty good, but once again had nothing to show for it. The defense was pressuring Brewer and nearly knocked him out of the game, but they kept it at 0-0.

Same thing happened against UNI and Iowa. We moved the ball up and down the field on both of them, but allowed them to just stay in the game, and stay in the game, and when you do that it only takes one play in the end for you to lose it.

We went 3 OT's with UNI, lost to Iowa by 1, and now Baylor by 2. Quit letting these teams stay in the game. You are the better team, but you deserve to lose when you don't step on a teams' throat.

process may need a little tweaking when you’re talking about how to manage games early. A little more urgency would be nice.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Baylor doesn’t suck. Did pay attention to them last year. They’re legit with some playmakers. You can hate the program, but they don’t suck.
Yeah, I really don't get that take. When people did predictions in the preseason, this was one of the games a lot of people thought we would lose. They're good; it's not a bad loss. Just disappointing

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I really thought the OL was making some progress, but today they were not good for a lot of the game.

Not all on the o-line. Our RBs are just not very good. They consistently only get the yards the play is blocked for, sometimes less. Almost never get extra yards or make someone miss, don't see cutback lanes, run right into the only unblocked defender, etc

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Baylor doesn’t suck. Did pay attention to them last year. They’re legit with some playmakers. You can hate the program, but they don’t suck.

Yeah, I’m not understanding where people are getting that. They’re a legit up and coming team with Rhule turning that thing around. Anyone that thinks Baylor sucks isn’t worth paying attention to anyway, because they’re ******* stupid.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
How fitting.

Hey CMC and staff...... you need to develop a killer attitude from the opening kick off because you don't have it.

How can you score 0 pts thru 3 qtrs, and then score 21 in the 4th?? Explain that garbage.
Baylor could say "why did we quit playing after 3 qtrs.?"

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron