Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I drank peppermint schnapps then. Dad had it and I thought it tasted good so I’d sneak sips.

When I was a kid I used to sneak sips of vanilla extract from the pantry. I'm sure my mom would wonder how we went through that stuff so quickly since she's never been much of a baker.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I want to beat up Kindergarten age cmjh and tell him to take advantage of nap time, because before you know it, you wont have time to take a nap.

was talking to another mom and said we want to make a trade with our nap fighting children. All the naps you skip, mommy gets to have that time to sleep.

Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
If anybody's wondering if I'm worried about my daughter partying too much during school I will note this. She brought knitting needles and yarn with her to college.

Also, as we were leaving the neighborhood, a bunch of neighborhood moms came out to say goodbye and offer encouragement and wisdom. One neighborhood dad came out. His words, "Don't take any sh*t from those guys and don't let them give you any sh*t."

oh yeah, I got cross stitching stuff pretty early on too. So don't worry, your daughter is going to be just like me! :D:D

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Took LittleWx to see his room, teachers and drop off school supplies last night. After we asked him what he thought and he said "I am excited but nervous about all the new things". Kid always amazes us with how he is able to express himself and carry a conversation on. Teachers come by to do the home visit tomorrow.

MrsWx is officially in the technical part of the nursing program so we had this meeting thing last night. Some good info but the free food was the best part. @Entropy finding Iowa hall was a *****. Work on that. (I say that as someone who is related to a college trustee)

For preschool???? I swear it was just last winter you were in the hospital with Mrs when she got appendicitis while pregnant with him.

Reactions: wxman1

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Z was just playing a kitchen game on her Kindle.
She said "I'm going to make them a barfy drink. They'll drink it and barf."

So, not sure if kindergarten or college here. I guess we'll see next week.
Something like this in one of the classic stories within a story:

lardass-04.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Since a few of us are going through life changes right now...

Aw, shoot. You had to go and post that right after I saw a snapchat of grandson (not yet three) getting all the stuffed animals and pillows ready for the first night in his big boy bed. Where does time go?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Stop it! J/k. I kinda like listening to songs of my era.

Status
Not open for further replies.