Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Are you moving your son today? I know my daughter's close friend that's going to ISU moves in today. We're leaving this afternoon for the big move tomorrow.

Also, did you move Mom yesterday or is that what you have going on today?

Mom ended up going yesterday. The son is tomorrow, he doesn’t seem like he wants to get there really early. Doesn’t have a whole lot to get moved. He can be completely in his room in 10-15 minutes including check in. Possible one trip for all of us, at worst two. Or like usual, four for me while everyone carries something small the one time they go in.

Had a volleyball scrimmage tonight.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyrevkah and oldman

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Mom ended up going yesterday. The son is tomorrow, he doesn’t seem like he wants to get there really early. Doesn’t have a whole lot to get moved. He can be completely in his room in 10-15 minutes including check in. Possible one trip for all of us, at worst two. Or like usual, four for me while everyone carries something small the one time they go in.

I'd rather do the more hauling than do any of the unpacking, but that's just my preference.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Unless you have a time you have to be home by getting there early is over rated. Everyone does that and it is crowded. By early afternoon it generally thins out some and they make you go park somewhere if you are not actively unloading so you don't have to wait in line.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Unless you have a time you have to be home by getting there early is over rated. Everyone does that and it is crowded. By early afternoon it generally thins out some and they make you go park somewhere if you are not actively unloading so you don't have to wait in line.

Can't be drinking by noon if your still driving ;).(well shouldn't be)

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yesterdays sobering discovery of the day, over 25% of the people born in my birth year are already dead. :oops:

Yesterday's encouraging moment, got an email from a 91-year-old letting me know she will won't be able to attend the ISU happy hour I am co-hosting at a brewery. :)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
efc06103faa2bc006930149327cb960a--civil-wars-american-history.jpg

Me too! Happy Birthday, @CycloneErik !

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Sick days and birthdays don't go well together. Hope you're both feeling better soon!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
For the first time in almost a year, I found a job to apply for!
Probably still going to run into an Ivy League grad with a more polished resume, but this is likely my best remaining shot before I've been out too long.

For once, my specialization in Family history can pay off, because the one selected will be teaching that course.

Status
Not open for further replies.