Les Miles is not okay

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Stuff like this honestly pisses me off. The head football coach is 100% in control of these situations. If you want to put the guy back on the team, just own it. Acting like you had no control over it just makes me lose all respect for you instantly.

Maybe that's the case in the SEC but at a lot of schools it isn't the case.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I feel sorry for Les, maybe it's not but it seems like a medical issue/getting older thing. Listen to it for yourselves. Sorry do t have time to post the link.

Maybe he's been hanging out with the old vampire Synder and learning from him.

Last edited:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Umm.... I had a hard time... umm.....listening to.......umm.... Coach Miles....umm... as he talked about.... umm... Pooka Williams and umm... that umm.... no violence against women is ummm. OK.

Pretty scary there by Miles. He's either on or needs meds or coming down off some sort of high. Very bad look on his part.

BTW- heard Perry Ellis is looking for a 10th year of eligibility to play for KU basketball again.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Miles spoke at halftime of a basketball game I was at. The dude isnt all there.
Something has drastically changed in the last 2 years. His weight is something I noticed as well.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Umm.... I had a hard time... umm.....listening to.......umm.... Coach Miles....umm... as he talked about.... umm... Pooka Williams and umm... that umm.... no violence against women is ummm. OK.

Pretty scary there by Miles. He's either on or needs meds or coming down off some sort of high. Very bad look on his part.

BTW- heard Perry Ellis is looking for a 10th year of eligibility to play for KU basketball again.

Uummm is a very common verbal tic. CMC uses "I gotta be honest with you" which is way more graceful than um or er.

Guess I'm not seeing the other stuff but I only watched the 2 minutes about Pooka.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Reminds me of Nancy Pelosi when she gets to rambling aimlessly in a news conference. In any case, I expect CMC to run a no-huddle offense against KU.
That's probably cavey too.

I'm glad that I don't have to host any news conferences. I ramble aimlessly enough in my posts in here and in life in general. I don't need to have thousands to millions of people watching me do it. I'm much better as arm candy than as a keynote speaker for your upcoming conference.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
It really makes you wonder what the AD at Kansas thought was the end game in hiring a 66 year old coach to turn the program around. I know that the two are good friends, but 66 is old to be starting all over again.

Maybe hoping that Les, can wave his LSU championship ring around and get some quick fix recruits and a nice payday for a few years before turning it over to someone else?

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I'm beginning to wonder if Les Miles has some health issues. I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down at the end of this season.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
IIRC, didn’t he appear to be drunk or dazed and confused at his introductory press conference too?
He acted like my great grandpa.....while he was already in a facility

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It really makes you wonder what the AD at Kansas thought was the end game in hiring a 66 year old coach to turn the program around. I know that the two are good friends, but 66 is old to be starting all over again.

Maybe hoping that Les, can wave his LSU championship ring around and get some quick fix recruits and a nice payday for a few years before turning it over to someone else?
Maybe they were hoping he could recruit well enough to fill the scholarship disaster that was in place from previous staffs and get a quasi competitive team in place over the next five years so that the next guy isnt starting 9 yards deep in the end zone like Miles was.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Maybe they were hoping he could recruit well enough to fill the scholarship disaster that was in place from previous staffs and get a quasi competitive team in place over the next five years so that the next guy isnt starting 9 yards deep in the end zone like Miles was.
Meanwhile in the rest of the Big 12...
tenor.gif

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 0u812 and 2020cy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Uummm is a very common verbal tic. CMC uses "I gotta be honest with you" which is way more graceful than um or er.

Guess I'm not seeing the other stuff but I only watched the 2 minutes about Pooka.

Campbell's is not a verbal tic. It is a pattern he uses when he wants you to think he is being really open and transparent. Half the time what he actually says after his "honest" comment isn't all that radical, but he wants you to think about it that way.