***Official TT postgame thread***

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Well glad someone is happy. Prohm doesn't seem too happy. The players don't seem happy. The fans are turning.

I'm not calling for anyone's job, but at what point can we all say Prohm and the majority of the fans would be better off if there was a parting of the ways?

Prohm could thrive at the mid-major level and be happier in his career. This is going south pretty quickly.

Probably not after we finish about where everyone thought we would finish in the league and get a decent seed in the NCAA tourney.

OldEagle

Dec 15, 2017
ISU grad living down here in SEC country (Alabama). Some talk down here of Prohm being the favorite to replace LSU's head coach who is currently suspended for possible recruiting violations (on tape recording discussing payments). He did coach as an assistant in Louisiana for 10 years at Centenary, Southeastern and Tulane. LSU's message boards seem to favor him as well.
Any talk up there?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Sounded like the defense was better today. Didn't catch the last 4 minutes, but just knew there was not going to be someone that knocked down a couple 3s at the end to win the game. This team just does not have that guy. Making your freaking FTs and this game isn't a loss. Also, teams in the Big 12 must be making 87% of all desperation 3 pointers against ISU, and you can't blame defense for that.

Very frustrating, but at least this loss was to a good team. The WVU loss was inexcusable.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
We didn't have nearly the talent the teams ahead of us did. Kansas State returned a good chunk of an E8 team. Tech lost their team and reloaded with transfers who worked out and the POTY. Kansas is significantly more talented than we are. I'd argue talent wise we finished right where we should.

Take our starters and place them on those other teams. NWB is a bench player. Shayok is a shooter on any team. Jacobson doesn't play. THT plays off the bench. Hali plays off the bench. Wiggy maybe starts.
Honestly, you're probably right. I'm sure my bias of Iowa State plays a big role in how I feel about this season. Appreciate you not being like others to just call someone out, but rather have legit argument.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Really what? If you know how about answering the question instead of being an *******?
If something was posted I did not see it.

There are enough distractions going on with this group right now. Cam has let repeated incidents of immaturity lead to continued actions that have led to suspensions and interruptions of his ability to participate.

He no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
We lost because we are not mentally and physically tough. TT and KSU are, we are soft and have been the whole year. The last minute showed that, time is running out in the shot clock, TT throws up a shot, and we have 4 players watching the ball, and TT has a player go get the rebound. We foul, they hit their ft's and the game is over.

Its been a problem the whole year, until we get tougher, we will continue to lose just like we have been. There is not a team in the league that is as talented as our Cyclones, but we as a team are mentally and physically soft.

using that psych minor again, I see

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
We look terrible as a whole since The Mayor game to town.... but we can still make this a special season.... We played like we wanted it more in the first 17 minutes... after that we got lazy guarding the 3 and it seemed that we thought Ebola was lurking around the key during rebounds...

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Well glad someone is happy. Prohm doesn't seem too happy. The players don't seem happy. The fans are turning.

I'm not calling for anyone's job, but at what point can we all say Prohm and the majority of the fans would be better off if there was a parting of the ways?

Prohm could thrive at the mid-major level and be happier in his career. This is going south pretty quickly.

It’s a game. We don’t always win..

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I don’t know, how about two missed tournaments in a row?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Honestly, you're probably right. I'm sure my bias of Iowa State plays a big role in how I feel about this season. Appreciate you not being like others to just call someone out, but rather have legit argument.
There's certainly something to be said for the ceilings THT and Haliburton have but they're freshmen. You see glimpses of great plays and then there's 3 boneheaded plays you live with because they're freshmen.

Put simply, if those guys were ready day 1 to contribute at the highest level they probably would be playing at a blue blood.

• Agree
Reactions: everyyard

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Seeing how the men have dropped six of the last eight, it's kind of amazing to me to think they're at 20 wins for the season. Ah, what might have been...

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Do you even read what you write?

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
There's certainly something to be said for the ceilings THT and Haliburton have but they're freshmen. You see glimpses of great plays and then there's 3 boneheaded plays you live with because they're freshmen.

Put simply, if those guys were ready day 1 to contribute at the highest level they probably would be playing at a blue blood.
The most frustrating thing to me is the lack of intensity going for rebounds and defense. THT walks to his guy he is guarding on open shots. I'd like to see prohm pull a guy for limited effort in those situations.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Frustrating second half, but I’m feeling a little better than Wednesday. Tech went out and took that game. Looked like a team playing for a championship.

Hope our guys continue that intensity into next week and into the dance.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
ISU grad living down here in SEC country (Alabama). Some talk down here of Prohm being the favorite to replace LSU's head coach who is currently suspended for possible recruiting violations (on tape recording discussing payments). He did coach as an assistant in Louisiana for 10 years at Centenary, Southeastern and Tulane. LSU's message boards seem to favor him as well.
Any talk up there?
We can’t be lucky enough to have 2 different schools hire away coaches of ours to avoid an ugly firing/cratering/buyout in less than a decade, can we?