***Official Baylor postgame thread***

octaviouspoon

Jul 25, 2016
Its a stupid argument, it's comparing apples to oranges. Fred would have won 6 or 7 more games if he was handed the roster Prohm was handed his first year. Your facts are cherry picked as ****.

A stupid argument? Yet you’re guaranteeing Fred wins 6-7 more games because why not.

• Dislike
Reactions: NoCreativity

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Lets see who they inherited

This is who Fred could play his first year
Jordan Railey-garbage
Bubu Palo-garbage
Melvin Ejim- freshman role play
Jake Anderson- 6'1 power forward
Diante Garret- high volume shooting pg, above average b12 player decent pro
Scott Christopherson- role player
Eric McKnight-who?
Calvin Godfrey- decent freshman
Jamie Vanderbeken- role player
Demarcus Phillips- who?
Drew Mitchell- literally who?

This is who Steve could play his first year
Jameel McKay- Pro
Abdel Nader-Nba player
Hallice Cooke- underachieved but decent player at UNLV
Monte morris- NBA player
Naz Long- fringe nba player
Matt Thomas- pro in the 2nd best league in the world
Deonte Burton- fringe nba player
Georges Niang- nba player
Jordan Ashton- walkon
Stuart Nezlek (stud)-walkon

Excluding the first season Fred went 46-26 in the Big 12
If you don't see that 2nd team getting 6 more wins than 3 wins in the 2010 season you're an idiot and god can't save you from that.

Reactions: Gerbs

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
8 big 12 teams going to the big dance is laughable. Big 12 deserves 6 at most.

Yeah, no way OU should be dancing. At this rate, one of TCU or Texas should be out. The Longhorns have some pretty good victories but their overall record could be pretty ugly by the end of the season. With the First Four and a terrible bubble, possible they might be like the Indiana team Mike Davis had that made the tourney with a record just over .500 overall.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
We missed 9 straight shots from 6:27 to 0:27 and went from up 1 to down 6

Nothing matters but this. Turnovers, ORBs, etc. The only thing that kept it from being 6:27 on is a couple of garbage layups from Shayok that they gave us. We closed Purple Kansas Saturday, but packed it in tonight.

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Oh yeah I remember this from you the last couple years too. Context doesn’t matter.

Carry on.

You are an ******* who just likes to belittle other posters but can’t admit when you looked like an arrogant ass. Just yesterday you said Fred choked away the Big 12 title against Baylor in 2015-16. Tonight you told another poster that Steve couldn’t have made any adjustments to win the game. What am I missing? You complain about me and a double standard who the Hell are you to post **** like that and then act like it never happened.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Is this the time in the season where we hear of a "players only" meeting called by a senior? You know, then Randy Pete writes about it, they jab about it on our next broadcast? Let me double check my "Sports Cliche" handbook quick, lol.

I'd be okay if the team decided to sacrifice a walk-on if it meant winning out at home at this point.

• Funny
Reactions: CapnCy

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Honestly I think Prohm needs more help from his assistants. Not really close enough to know what they are tasked with doing but a good right hand man in game can be a big help.

Bring in **** Bennet as a defensive consultant.

Edit: Richard Bennet, i guess there is a filter for his real name :)

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
I don't think you want to compare what Prohm started with to what Fred started with, that's not a real fair comparison.

Diante Garret would start for this year's team. Melvin Ejim was a budding freshman that year as well. We also had a decent stretch 5. The problem with that team was depth. We literally had half the team sitting out due to transfer.

Fred benefitted from being on the front edge of the transfer market. (Credit to him for the strategy.) That strategy wasn't as successful after the team got better (less immediate playing time available) and the blue bloods started getting serious about transfers.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Lets see who they inherited

This is who Fred could play his first year
Jordan Railey
Bubu Palo
Melvin Ejim
Jake Anderson
Diante Garret
Scott Christopherson
Eric McKnight
Calvin Godfrey
Jamie Vanderbeken
Demarcus Phillips
Drew Mitchell

This is who Steve could play his first year
Jameel McKay
Abdel Nader
Hallice Cooke
Monte morris
Naz Long
Matt Thomas
Deonte Burton
Georges Niang
Jordan Ashton
Stuart Nezlek (stud)

Excluding the first season Fred went 46-26 in the Big 12

Man you should feel honored to be an intellectual match for Jessie

Reactions: octaviouspoon

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I honestly think the big 12 as a whole is not good. I’ll be surprised if we get more than 2 teams past sweet 16
Do you watch any other games. How about that Big X xrap fest that caused me to miss the first 4 minutes. A real thrilling 46-44 escape by Purdue. The Big XII has really good coaches.

Help Support Us

Become a patron