***Official Baylor postgame thread***

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Not going to be a popular opinion, and it won’t happen, but you can’t just keep getting nothing from your starting point guard that is a senior, need a change there, take Babb from 38 minitues to about 15, more of a spot minutes guy really

Said it in another post....if Babb has even a decent game tonight we win. No question. He's capable, but he defers so much that it looks like he doesn't have confidence in his shot right now, which is troubling.

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
Our play goes as our mood goes. When our shots are falling we tend to back that up with solid defense (Kstate). When our shots aren’t falling, we tend to get lax on defense ( Baylor / TCU). That’s mental toughness in my book. We seem to lack it more often than not. The ability to lock in defensively even when the offense is struggling. There’s enough blame to go around for why it is present; the real question is can Prohm fix it? ‍♂️

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Not going to be a popular opinion, and it won’t happen, but you can’t just keep getting nothing from your starting point guard that is a senior, need a change there, take Babb from 38 minitues to about 15, more of a spot minutes guy really

In some ways, yes. His end of half and late-game clock management is awful. But often, he's the only guy who will take it to the rack through contact and he comes away with key layups in crunch time. He also plays MUCH better defense than Wigginton. If you replace him with Lindell, we now have 3 legitimate defensive liabilities on the floor in the starting lineup - Wigginton, THT, and Jacobson.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
You’re really going to go there. Wow.

I said the comment about the improvement from last year to this year showing he is a great coach is stupid. It’s a completely different roster and much more talented. I thought you were too busy talking about Fred choking away the Big 12 title with the last loss to Baylor to spend time in here tonight.
Tonight sucks but maybe they will win on Saturday. At this point it’s difficult to trust the staff and players to adjust when a team goes slower tempo and limits our possessions. You aren’t going to force 17 turnovers in the half court every night and that appears to be what we are relying on to kickstart our offense.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I speak the truth, sorry your fragile little soul can't handle the fact that we cant win home games anymore. You are the exact definition of this "participation trophy" mentality thats running rampant.

No, you’re a stupid **** who is THE most fragile little girl on here.

I will guarantee you that jsb doesn’t get **** on for not knowing anything, and have to call other people to try to verify they were right.

If you are distressed about Steve Prohm, then go watch your other teams, and leave here.

Your knowledge is sub par, to put it nicely. And you rejoice when Iowa State loses. That makes you an ******* for being here

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
I don't think it's unreasonable for Cyclone fans to expect being in the top 2 of the league on a consistent basis.

Um... What? We've finished in the top 2 of the conference exactly one time in the last decade and even then we shared 2nd that year. Seems like a reasonable hope, but an unreasonable expectation.

• Winner
Reactions: NENick and jsb

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’m looking forward to the “guy with the most NBA potential” finally graduating

I wonder if nicks hurt again? He was so key in the Texas game and a few others. He was an alpha player—taking and making big shots. Getting huge rebounds and always in the floor diving for balls. He hasn’t quite looked the same since Oklahoma.

I thought his hustle was there tonight and his shots didn’t look bad. But it would be great if he got some rebounds.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
THIS is why we are so frustrated. This season is obviously much better than last year and CSP has proven he can recruit well. But this is the best chance we've had to win the B12 that I can remember. The talent level at the top of the league is way down and I do think our ceiling is higher than anyone else's. Even with the best Hoiball team (Ejim + Niang + Morris, etc.) our talent wasn't the best in the league. Unless we somehow win out (possible but highly unlikely - I will eat my words gladly if we do), we have thrown away an incredible opportunity for the growth of our program and we may not get another one quite like this for years. You never know what will come in the future and by not taking advantage of this season, who knows how long until a similar situation presents itself?

Yep, this was THE YEAR if we were going to win it. Kansas will be unstoppable next year and we lose an All Big 12 player. I just don't see any hope with this program taking the step up to the next level. The only thing we can do is be happy with our 5 or 6 seeds because that is the ceiling with this coaching staff.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Agreed making the tournament but this team feels like a 5 that'll overlook a 12
Maybe. Anything is possible in March. I guess something to make you feel good is this team has shown to be pretty good away from home lately, so hopefully that translates to success in the tournament.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Honestly I think Prohm needs more help from his assistants. Not really close enough to know what they are tasked with doing but a good right hand man in game can be a big help.

• Agree
Reactions: ProhmDate

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Is this the time in the season where we hear of a "players only" meeting called by a senior? You know, then Randy Pete writes about it, they jab about it on our next broadcast? Let me double check my "Sports Cliche" handbook quick, lol.