More Pac-12 Turmoil

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
They have botched things so badly out there. It's hard to believe when you consider some of the strongest brands in college sports and best run athletics departments are out there.

In the current Learfield Cup standings, the Pac 12 has 5 of the top 16 schools. The Big 12's first school is at #21.

Oh, and look who's tied for last place for fall sports among athletics departments in Division 1!

https://nacda.com/documents/2018/12/18/Dec20DIOverall.pdf

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
They have botched things so badly out there. It's hard to believe when you consider some of the strongest brands in college sports and best run athletics departments are out there.

In the current Learfield Cup standings, the Pac 12 has 5 of the top 16 schools. The Big 12's first school is at #21.

Oh, and look who's tied for last place for fall sports among athletics departments in Division 1!

I'm not falling for your clickbait

• Funny
Reactions: Die4Cy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That Arizona to West Virginia trip would be brutal

North/South no more...

Big 12 Central Division:
WVU
ISU
KU
KSU
OU
OSU

Big 12 Southwest Division:
Texas
TCU
Houston
Texas Tech
Arizona State
Arizona

Kick the Murder Rapists out of our conference division:
Baylor

*Actually if Zona/ASU were known to be in the fold would New Mexico make more sense than Houston?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Having lived in LA and Chicago the past 20 years...it is a REALLY different world.

You could barely tell LA had a team in the Superbowl and Dodgers playoff tickets are pretty cheap to pick up. A Superbowl or MLB playoffs in Chi was a completely different universe.

I honestly think in the pay-for-online-content era a west coast market's population would need to be divided by 10 to compare to a midwest, southern or northeastern market.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
North/South no more...

Big 12 Central Division:
WVU
ISU
KU
KSU
OU
OSU

Big 12 Southwest Division:
Texas
TCU
Houston
Texas Tech
Arizona State
Arizona

Kick the Murder Rapists out of our conference division:
Baylor

*Actually if Zona/ASU were known to be in the fold would New Mexico make more sense than Houston?
You also have to think if AZ and AZst come, UT and CO might want to come too.

Then you have to also look at COst and NewMex/NewMexSt, and finally Utst and BoiseSt if you are looking to add a team or two more.

With all of this if WVU wants to go to ACC or SEC, you let em go and move our conference Westward if nothing else. If we have to take another Texas team like Houston, I think we require one to leave, IE BAYLOR.

• Funny
Reactions: harimad

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Houston, New Mexico, Colorado St will never make sense.
I agree to a point, but they would make more sense to me than Louisville, Tulsa, Temple, Cinci, Memphis, and probably BYU for that matter. All of which some were pushing for last time. I dont like really many options other than the 4 western PAC schools myself, but when opening up all options those would make the conversation at least.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I agree to a point, but they would make more sense to me than Louisville, Tulsa, Temple, Cinci, Memphis, and probably BYU for that matter. All of which some were pushing for last time. I dont like really many options other than the 4 western PAC schools myself, but when opening up all options those would make the conversation at least.

Why would either New Mexico school make more sense than Louisville or Cincinnati?

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I've always thought the interesting thing about the B1G, SEC, Pac-12 and now the ACC losing content to their conference networks is....well...ESPN/FOX gotta show something. We already see it in basketball where nearly all conference games are picked up. Those networks are still gonna pick up a P5 game over another conference, so the Big 12 gets more stuff televised.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone1995

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron