To all the Prohm Haters...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
For me, the perplexing thing is what is it about Prohm that these people hate? Is that he is a southeasterner and doesn't have Iowa/upper midwest roots? Is it because he doesn't have a list of P5 schools on his resume, and as such isn't good enough for ISU? Is it because he doesn't turn a blind eye to out-of-control player shenanigans for the sake of winning, and actually holds players to standards (like expecting them to attend practice)? Is it that he holds religious convictions?

Like this poster who is waving the "Hoiberg Standard" flag and questioning whether ISU really finished out the TT game...that is just so far out there that there that there has to be some vendetta beyond basketball driving it. You can't even attribute it to sheer stupidity.

It's that he's not Fred, and he's not TJ.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Monte’s play with Denver has really made me question Fred. Much of Fred’s success may have just been Monte. I think Prohm is a better coach than Fred. I didn’t like the hire but I really like Prohm now.

wink-brule.gif

Reactions: Macloney

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Bummer. I liked the Rome. Lame of him to call him that and even more lame if this was staged.
It was not staged. They still don't like each other from what I can tell. Doing a quick search, I also saw Everett was approached by a "large burger franchise" that wanted to use the clip in an Ad, Everett agreed and Rome denied.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneFan4

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron